MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 2011 convertible Cooper D auto, so the 2.0 BMW N47T engine as its an auto, feels way faster than the official 0-60 of 10.4 seconds (when I'm allowed to drive it). I'm comparing it to my Skoda Octavia estate 1.9 TDI PD which has an offical 0-60 of 9.5 seconds.

I was just wondering what others think about this as well, as it seems way quicker than 10.4, but there's no way I'm going to time it as she'd kill me is I did this ::frown::

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Sneak off down to your nearest Drag Strip,
When they have a "Run What You Brung" day
They will tell you, and you will have so much fun..

Or this calculator will give you an idea;;
0-60 mph Calculator for Cars

Yours with Sport Chilli & Media Pack is..
Horsepower (at the flywheel) - 110 hp
Curb Weight - 1225 kg
Drive Type - FWD
Transmission - Auto
0-60 mph 10.718 seconds

Yours with Sport Chilli No Media Pack is..
Horsepower (at the flywheel) - 110 hp
Curb Weight - 1225 kg
Drive Type - FWD
Transmission - Auto
0-60 mph 10.718 seconds

·
Registered
66 Posts
My wife's 2011 convertible Cooper D auto, so the 2.0 BMW N47T engine as its an auto, feels way faster than the official 0-60 of 10.4 seconds (when I'm allowed to drive it). I'm comparing it to my Skoda Octavia estate 1.9 TDI PD which has an offical 0-60 of 9.5 seconds.

I was just wondering what others think about this as well, as it seems way quicker than 10.4, but there's no way I'm going to time it as she'd kill me is I did this ::frown::
I agree with you based on my experience.

The 2013 Cooper D 2.0L Auto that I picked up last week also seems fast. I switched from a Golf Mk7 2.0L TDI DSG (150 BHP, 0-62 mph in 8.2 seconds) and the Mini seems as fast to me .... not scientific of course but it feels that way.

I downloaded a free app from the Apple store called "All in one speedometer & GPS" by Tufan Vatandost which used GPS and allowed me to time 0-60 mph. Again this isn't the most scientific but it's certainly a good indication.

The results that I had on two quick tests were 7.3 and 8.3 seconds, during the latter test I do recall coaxing the throttle not so well as I pulled away. It definitely indicates that my Mini is quicker than its published book time.

I'll do some more tests and report back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did a few more tests this lunchtime but setting the timer for 0-62 (instead of 0-60) mph so I can compare directly to my previous VW Golf.

The tests I did today gave results between 7.3 and 8.3 for 0-62 mph. My Golf's book 0-62 mph time was 8.2 so it sort of fits that my Mini Cooper D feels as quick, even if I settled for 8.3 seconds for the Mini Cooper's 0-62 mph or even its 0-60 mph.

In conclusion I would definitely agree with Fatboy40 in the original post.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts

had a manual one in a few weeks ago after doing the timing chain ie engine out and rearranging the dpf filter and egr valve they had a re map around 200bhp and torque to die for really is fast and the best bit can now drive around under 2000 revs everywhere and are getting over 60 mpg out of it,, if i owned one i would go down that road have cake and eat it cooper s go for diesel running costs

·
Registered
66 Posts
I must admit I'm toying with a remap, having done this on diesel vehicles in the past, using Quantum Tuning. I bet yours flies now Mike!

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I must admit I'm toying with a remap, having done this on diesel vehicles in the past, using Quantum Tuning. I bet yours flies now Mike!
i got a couple of places i get files from i also have kess v2 with titanium software so can do my own changes but its not really the way forward for anyone without exhaust gas analyzer as running a car to rich will kill it.. mainly use kess for dpf and egr changes or live map my own cars,, but best method is buy a trusted map from rolling road if have said software, but some ecu's can be mapped without chip out in a eprom to reprogram .
i got clubman cooper d that i live mapped and its nuts fast low down grunt is good fun, i dropped in rollers and made 161bhp pretty fair for a 1.6 diesel and still does 68 mpg around town and over 70 on a run just never need to rev more than 2k just pulls from nothing.. also done dpf and egr as well, its that powerful and has no black smoke anywhere so could increase it more maybe make 180bhp if could live with black smoke and fuel gauge going down faster. think the secret is just turn it up enough that low down torque goes up as much as can before smoke gets bad,,

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't have the setup or knowledge to do my own changes so would take it to my Quantum rep, but it sounds like it's working well for you. Sounds good!

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I don't have the setup or knowledge to do my own changes so would take it to my Quantum rep, but it sounds like it's working well for you. Sounds good!
i spent a few years working for a garage with rolling road got bored of same day every day load another one on and go through the motions and the non stop talking to people about bhp figures,, rather have a totally dead car infront of me stops me from getting bored. like something that is a challenge and forces you to learn some more rather than a robot i guess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts