MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All (1st post here)

I'm hoping to find a definitive answer to a question about the cambelt change intervals on a 2009 Cooper D (PSV engine). Searching the web I have found conflicting information but the answer that most often comes up is 150K Miles, but have seen suggestions as low as 70K Miles

Here's my situation...

I have the opportunity to buy a 2009 Cooper D Clubman for about £2500 but the seller cannot tell me if the cambelt has ever been changed. The car has 130k Miles on the clock.

Do you think it's a bit of a gamble based on the mileage - I can get the cambelt changed in a few weeks but I don't want the risk of it going bang in the meantime. (It's happened to me twice before; first time was on the way home form collecting the car, and the second was 2-weeks later (not Minis, but still makes me paranoid about buying any used car)).

Or is this a safe bet???

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooops, I just re-read this and saw my silly typo; of course i meant PSA engine ;)

Update - I went out today and bought a 2010 (psa) Red Cooper D with Union Jack Roof with 124k miles in near-perfect condition. Although FSH up to 2017 by BMW, there is still no record of cambelt change, so this will be my first job, using the guidance of this happy Dutchman...

I also want to blank the EGR with a £5 steel blank from e bay. Has anyone done this? And is there any re-programming needed?

Peace!

· Registered
13,582 Posts
Oooops, I just re-read this and saw my silly typo; of course i meant PSA engine ;)

Update - I went out today and bought a 2010 (psa) Red Cooper D with Union Jack Roof with 124k miles in near-perfect condition. Although FSH up to 2017 by BMW, there is still no record of cambelt change, so this will be my first job, using the guidance of this happy Dutchman...

I also want to blank the EGR with a £5 steel blank from e bay. Has anyone done this? And is there any re-programming needed?

Peace!
[/QUOT
you cant just delete egr valve it will clog dpf and will also throw limp mode and eml. must be mapped out of the ecu no other way on that engine as its also programmed to the car, timing belt might last for 150k some times but the water pump wont ie around 75k is about its life, i would say best thing i ever i did to both of mne was dpf delete egr delete and a 160bhp map sold the car to a friend of mine 3 years ago he's done a good 20k per year since trouble free and drives it hard, in my signature is details for black magic tuning he is called john mention me and forum and he will do a good job and discount for forum etc.

Reactions: RaAd
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.