MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Custom User Title
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to buy a new MINI, but I really want it to be a convertible. Currently looking at the S but its maybe a tad pricey and too low on fuel economy.

I reckon a Cooper D would be bang on, is it going to be available as a vert?? :confused:

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If you want a diesel for economy reasons then I don't see the point in buying a diesel convertible.

You will never have your top down, because it will sounds so bad.

I didn't even think Mini would do a diesel convertible, like a lot of manufacturers who decide to not put a diesel engine in a convertible car.

Go for a Cooper S and don't worry about the fuel economy, the gain in smiles will out-weigh the downside in fuel economy.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Get the S, you'll only get 10 mpg more in town in a D.
60.1 mpg for the D and 37.3 for the S. 60.1-37.3=10 mpg ? I don't think so!

You can even buy an A4 diesel convertible, and with the way fuel is going, I would think a lot of people would gladly take the diesel option if it were available.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I want a diesel convertible too, but they don't do it - and I've never seen as much as a sniff of them doing one. Come on, Mini, you know it makes sense!

Andrew

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
60.1 mpg for the D and 37.3 for the S. 60.1-37.3=10 mpg ? I don't think so!

You can even buy an A4 diesel convertible, and with the way fuel is going, I would think a lot of people would gladly take the diesel option if it were available.

Where do you get your figures from? You need to state this- the Dooper will do 60 to very early early 60's on the motorway.
I swear that I got an indicated 52mpg on my R56 Cooper S on the motorway so call it 49-50mpg in the real world.
Just what I said, roughly 10 mpg difference, no much more but it does depend on the driver.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sony,

The standard D does nearly 28mpg combined more than the S in identical driving according to the stats from Mini (tested on the same machinery)

I can get 70 mpg+ on the motorway in my 07 Dooper (without stop/start ect)
(As long as it isnt too cold or windy of course) in cruise at 63/64. I have had an indicated 644 miles remaining on fillup as well. Had it up to 680+ Miles covered+remaining recently but it always falls quickly after 3 bars remaining..

Surely people don't buy an S if they are intending on driving economically?:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mini Cooper D Convertible

Hi, check out mini website, they are now doing Cooper D convertibles. They start at around £17,265. I'd love one! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a cooper d convertible and I love it. When the top is down you wouldn't know it was a diesel. I had a cooper d before this one and I've noticed that when the stop/start stops there is no shudder with the new car. Get one - you know you want to!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Just in case Mini think I'm a happy camper now that they offer a diesel convertible, by the time I come to replace my petrol convertible they will have released the roadster (or whatever it's called) and I'll want a diesel one of those, please nicely..... Actually with an S Diesel engine being promised fro R56/7/8s, it may well happen for the coupe and roadster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts