MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I'd get rid sooner rather than later if its not written off! There's a lot of damage there :eek: Amazing its not written off!

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'd have to agree with M.O.S on this - I personally wouldn't want it back. I'm amazed it's not a write off too.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Not sure of the official terms but would that not have a "category" type repair status?? I know people buy a "Cat D" write off repaired car and its value is affected accordingly..

Are you insured with a large leading insurer? is it worth getting a qualified someone to look at it for a second opinion?? I would have thought your dealer could recommend someone??

Hope its sorted one way or the other...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I think the reason it's not a write off is because nothing structural is damaged, all the pillars etc. are still intact, all the doors open and close fine etc. The damage just looks a lot worse than it is I think. The only way it was going to be a write off is if it was too expensive to repair, but with mini's having such high residuals it is just about worth the repair.

I'm insured with Royal Sun Alliance. The work is guaranteed for a life time so if there are issues then it's on the repairer's head.

Cheers, Ryan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got it back and it is literally as good as new, like having a new car all over again.

The only annoying thing is the panle they have installed with the switches and interior lights etc. that goes on the front at the roof is missing the large central interior light and the switch for it. I'm not sure I can even be bothered to moan although it is a minor irritation.

Forgot how awesome a car it is to drive. Had a brand new A-class and peugeot 308 and both are so awful compared to the mini. The only slightly good thing about the peugeot was it reminded me how fun a petrol can be. Might try a petrol cooper next time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure of the official terms but would that not have a "category" type repair status?? I know people buy a "Cat D" write off repaired car and its value is affected accordingly..

Are you insured with a large leading insurer? is it worth getting a qualified someone to look at it for a second opinion?? I would have thought your dealer could recommend someone??

Hope its sorted one way or the other...
If the car has been fixed by the insurance company then there will be no category label placed on the car. So unless the seller states repair work that has been done, then the new owner will never know.

Car are on assigned a category if the car is officially writen off by an insurance company, people can then buy a Category C, D or F and repair privately, Category A and B have to be scrapped, although you can harvest parts from a CatB before scrapping the shell/chassis.

·
bigbassett
18 Posts
not neccesarily the body work looks bad but its the chassis etc that will tell if its a write off. U wanted more performance looks to me liek you dont need it!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts