MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
64.2MPG :D and equal torque to a cooper S? Impressive stuff.

Shame about the £1,100 premium over the standard cooper though :(

I wonder if it'll hang on to it's premium after three years?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Think i'd stilll want the petrol cooper, 64 mpg sounds great all the same.
If i bought the Mini one i know i'd just be looking and saying thats a nice cooper over there so no point.

·
RIP Bella :(
1,402 Posts
I think its a shame that they wont be bringing out am MCS diesel to rival the seat ibiza cupra and the skoda fabia vrs. You might think why i mentioned the skoda?? But there is a guy i know in blackpool who has one of these. spent about £1000 on the engine etc. And it blows my S away no probs. 0 - 60 in 6.7 and the torgue it offers is silly. He can over take faster than a 911 turbo on the motorway etc

·
Cooperama? Who's he?
688 Posts
64.2MPG :D and equal torque to a cooper S? Impressive stuff.

Shame about the £1,100 premium over the standard cooper though :(

I wonder if it'll hang on to it's premium after three years?
Just worked out that it would take me 4 years to pay back that premium over a standard R56 Cooper @ 17,000 miles a year:eek: .

Do like the idea of all that torque though.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just worked out that it would take me 4 years to pay back that premium over a standard R56 Cooper @ 17,000 miles a year:eek: .

Do like the idea of all that torque though.
I remember the case with the Mk4 Golf TDI's though. Although they carried a substantial premium over the petrol-engined counterpart, their considerably stronger residuals meant after three years owners were £000's better off. Time will tell I guess if the MINI CD will follow suit

·
Driven like its stolen
260 Posts
Well, I saw the release on Motoring File and then rang my dealer, subject to financing and agreed valuation on my OneD I am first on his list for one - he didnt even know it was being released.

·
Doncaster Mini Register
272 Posts
I have the first diesel coming to Stratstone Doncaster. Dealers don't know yet what extra equipment the Cooper Diesel will get over the Cooper petrol to justify the price difference.
One thing not mentioned yet is that annual road tax will be £ 50 for the year, which compares to £ 120 I am currently paying for my OneD.
110 bhp compared to my currentl 75 bhp, and all that torque means a faster car then the one I currently have. I can't wait.
Price will hit the options I had planned though, which is a shame.

·
Havin' fun...
4,931 Posts
...and the skoda fabia vrs. You might think why i mentioned the skoda??
I test drove one of those a few weeks ago. It's a real hooligan. But since it was for the wife to commute we ended up with a 1.9TDI, which is a very respectable performer, even if the bends have to be taken a bit slower.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Be cheaper to buy a MINI One D and re map to get the same power output, but the possibilities of re-mapping the Cooper D?! :D ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
30 Participants
ONED
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing