MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Driven like its stolen
260 Posts
one big reason for going diesel is depreciation - my oneD has held on to it whole difference in price over the petrol version. it still lists 1000 over the petrol on the second hand stand. No reason to assume the new one wont be the same. For me, the reason for trading up is two fold - i bought max in a huryy - never regretted it, but now i want to spec it myself - though wont be going mad. aircon, half leather, mfsw and armrest are as mad as i get.

·
Dooper is the dogz!
1,458 Posts
And the peroformance figures are here :
http://www.mini2.com/article419-the-new-mini-one-and-mini-cooper-d.html

Do you do a lot of miles Ben, if you don't probably not worth thinking about wether to get the Derv over the petrol as you say the higher otr price does not justify.
Yeah - my current Cooper has done nearly 42000 miles now, and isn't 3 til July

When I was in Newcastle my mileage was diddly squat cos I hardly used it in the week as I walked in to work - before and after though I had a roughly 50 mile round trip each day, and at the mo it is an 86 mile trip - which is costing me loads and killing the value of my car :mad:

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Yeah - my current Cooper has done nearly 42000 miles now, and isn't 3 til July

When I was in Newcastle my mileage was diddly squat cos I hardly used it in the week as I walked in to work - before and after though I had a roughly 50 mile round trip each day, and at the mo it is an 86 mile trip - which is costing me loads and killing the value of my car :mad:
Justifiable then! (or however you spell it!) :p

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Did I read somewhere or imagine it maybe that the new Tax on the Cooper D is super low?
£50 for the year?

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Worked out it would cost an extra £500 more to run a Cooper (on average just over average mileage) than a Diesel-So would have to keep for at least 3 years to make it pay the extra premium, or do at least 20 k a year.
Decisons decisions!

·
Registered
350 Posts
My wife has the Peugeot 206 Sport 1.6 110 HDI which has the same engine & the torque is realy impressive. if you are just tootling around at about 30MPH in 3rd & put yor foot down it takes of faster than my MCS with no effort. The MCS is faster but I have to go down to 2nd to keep up. If you want to try the engine, have a demo of the 206 & be prepared to be impressed. It also does about 56mph in normal driving which is about twice what I get.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
30 Participants
ONED
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing