MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an induction kit for my MINI Cooper for performance not sound. Dont really want much if any sound from it, just so it looks good in the engine bay and to give me a couple of extra horses. whats the kit to go for?

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope custom exhaust. and i like the sound thats why i want a closed kit so it doesnt have much sound.

·
heavy foot = light wallet
453 Posts
it sounds like what you want is a panel filter then really as an induction kit will almost definitely make your car more noisy. Although I cant really see why that would be a bad thing, you like your exhaust note now you might like it even more with an induction kit.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had an induction kit on my old car and dont really like it that much - but, surely a closed kit its as noisy? o dont mind abit of noise. are there any decent pannel filters? and can i attach a silicone hose to the standard box to make it 'ram air' and add a bit of flare to the engine bay :D

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Have you tried BMC Air Filters ? Currently running one on my S, much less restictive then stock, and also less oil content than the likes of K&N ones..

·
Registered
16 Posts
K n N panel filter is your best bet - best air flow with no extra noise. Also retains the cold air and slight ram air effect of OEM induction system.

I have one on my Cooper with a Playmini exhaust (with second silencer) and its sweet - a nice rumble but no rasping.. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts