MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I emailed the following questions to MINIUSA re: US options for the Cooper:

The on-board compter is listed as an option - but is not included in the price list. Is is available as an option (not part of the Premium Pack)?

In the price list, the optional 16" wheels show 225 series tires - is this correct?

Today (great turn-around!), I received the following responses:

The on-board computer is currently only available with the Premium package. I mentioned this to the MINI design team, and they are trying to make it a stand alone option. (While I'm not sure, it may have to do with a symbiotic electronics requirement with another device in the premium package.)

You have a sharp eye for tech! The tire size is a glitch, and I mentioned it to the web site people. The size is 195/55/R16.

Thanks for writing in, and Let's MOTOR!

MINI USA
Customer Relations

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Better luck than me...

I have sent MINIUSA several emails over the last couple of weeks and had NO response. I'm more than a little pissed as this does not bode well for after-sale customer service. I sent my requests through the website, how did you send yours?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gromit:

I sent it through the website.

However, the previous two emails I sent (approx 2 and 4 weeks ago) were never responded to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
sdmidget said:
The on-board compter is listed as an option - but is not included in the price list. Is is available as an option (not part of the Premium Pack)?

The on-board computer is currently only available with the Premium package. I mentioned this to the MINI design team, and they are trying to make it a stand alone option. (While I'm not sure, it may have to do with a symbiotic electronics requirement with another device in the premium package.)
Thanks for writing in, and Let's MOTOR!
MINI USA
I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and they responded by telling me to ask my dealer. At least you got and answer. But OOOOH what an answer.

The Specs & Features section of the MINIUSA web site does NOT have the On Board Computer listed as part of the Premium Package yet it is included in the Full Pricing Detail section. What is this about? The Spec & Features section indicates that each and every item in the Premium Package can be purchased seperate. In fact every item is listed with a seperate price in the Full Pricing Detail EXCEPT the On Board Computer.The "symbiotic electronics" response is gobblygook and is not much better than no answer or telling me to ask my dealer.

I hate to say it but I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing in MINIUSA!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope that they can sort this out and offer the on-board computer as a stand-alone option. I want everything in the Premium Pack - but I'm not sold on the sunroof.

I want a white roof - not sure that the black sunroof will be aesthetically pleasing. Probably wouldn't use it much anyway (I'll get out the MG Midget and put the top down.)

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
According to Deep Throat at MINI USA, lots of people have complained about OBC not being offered as a standalone option. Whether they give in "to the masses" and offer it separately remains to be seen. Personally, I think it's a ploy to get people to buy the premium package.

I've been driving a BMW 2002 for the past 29 years and it (obviously) has no computers on board, so I really don't care about the option. I can watch the fuel gauge to know when to fill up, and figure my mileage from tripmeter miles and gallons on fill up.

I'm disappointed that half cloth / leather seats are not available in the US and that 5-star alloys are only available on the Cooper model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts