MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have recently bought a 2010 Mini One and i want to make it look generally a bit nicer in terms of the exterior and I was thinking of possibly putting a cooper s style bumper/bonnet on it.
Is this actually possible to do? And would the parts fit?

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,018 Posts
For the years 2010 it is possible to interchange any of the front bumpers. There are five different style + configurations total that I know of.
1. standard mini cooper bumper
2. standard mini cooper bumper with airducts for the brakes
3. John cooper works aero package
4. John Cooper Works Aero 2 package with airducts for the brakes
5. sport aero package
Yours is a 2010 make sure you know which one you have. If you have brakeducts stock you could be downgrading in my opinion if you were to purchase any one of the three without.
although in my opinion the Sport aero package is the nicest and seemed to only come on stock mini's in Florida for the most part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the years 2010 it is possible to interchange any of the front bumpers. There are five different style + configurations total that I know of.
1. standard mini cooper bumper
2. standard mini cooper bumper with airducts for the brakes
3. John cooper works aero package
4. John Cooper Works Aero 2 package with airducts for the brakes
5. sport aero package
Yours is a 2010 make sure you know which one you have. If you have brakeducts stock you could be downgrading in my opinion if you were to purchase any one of the three without.
although in my opinion the Sport aero package is the nicest and seemed to only come on stock mini's in Florida for the most part.
thanks for that, do you know if the same applies for the bonnet and rear bumper?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I don't know about all that. Mini One was a 2014 wasn't it?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Well then it would be able to have the back bumpers side skirts and spoiler that comes in two differents color patterns. Side skirts only come in two types regular and JCW. But there are years that painted regular side skirts like Jeep has done in modern times. Rear bumpers come in two types JCW and Regular but the exhaust will differ on some models and there are JCW rear bumpers like mine that come with the one exhaust on the side I am pretty sure.
JCW bumper as a foundation can have a air foil of sorts put underneath it that is part of the Mini Cooper GP package! Aside of that there are only two types of rear bumper in the general sense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know about all that. Mini One was a 2014 wasn't it?
I
Well then it would be able to have the back bumpers side skirts and spoiler that comes in two differents color patterns. Side skirts only come in two types regular and JCW. But there are years that painted regular side skirts like Jeep has done in modern times. Rear bumpers come in two types JCW and Regular but the exhaust will differ on some models and there are JCW rear bumpers like mine that come with the one exhaust on the side I am pretty sure.
JCW bumper as a foundation can have a air foil of sorts put underneath it that is part of the Mini Cooper GP package! Aside of that there are only two types of rear bumper in the general sense.
sweet, sounds good, thanks for your help bro!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
According to my Bavarian technique software. They are calling a mini one a first generation mini Cooper that was built Between 2001-2007. Just for reference. Hence the name. If yours is a 2010 you have a Mini Cooper 2nd generation and I don't think they would call it a mini 1.
And those parts would not be compatible with a first generation Mini. They changed to many aspects of the car. One of the major reasons I think is because in the United States they cannot attach the lights to the bonnet of the car.
Are Your lights attached to the bonnet of your Mini?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts