MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've done a search through the threads (like a good MINI2er) but could not find anything that answers this:

Base Cooper (US), 2003, ready to get a PlayMINI straight pipe (no silencer) Slash Cut installed. Exhaust is in hand, arrived last night.

Installation appears to be straight forward, except for the rear fitment. Will the existing OEM muffler hanger coexist with the PlayMINI muffler? Any modifications to be made? I assume the pipe join betweem the straigth pipe and rear asembly will need a U-clamp also? (Did not come with the pack)

Many thanks

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
dansmini said:
I've got an Rspeed on my 2003 Cooper, the rear did fit on the OEM hangers. There was nothing tricky sbout it.
Found this pic of an rspeed at their site. There looks to be a suport attachment arrached to the muffler, hangs from the orange bracket.

The PlayMINI does not have that support attached to the muffler. Has me a little baffled.

I'll see if I can get some pics up of the new exhaust and of the existing on the car.

Attachments

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Her's a few pics of the existing situation.

The pic of the PlayMIN (new) exhaust shows the mounting brackets on the straight pipe, but no hangers on the rearmost portion, the muffler and tailpipe.

The other pics show the right and left side of the existing mounting strap and hangers/fasteners for the MINI OEM exhaust.

I've looked at both the PlayMINI US and UK sites, all pics of the systems look like the one I have, ie no bracket on the muffler. I've not been able to find an installation manual for the system on the web, no DIYs 0f FAQs.

Back to the original question. Will the MINI OEM strap hold the PlayMINI in place? From a quick glance under the car and looking at the pics it would appear that it does not.

Anybody have the PlayMINI installation manual available? Able to do a quick scan, pass it along?

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
PlayMini Exhaust

I have the play mini slash cut exhaust....I think it brilliant and gets slightly louder as it wears in. It comes with everything you need...and it hangs on the original hangers. I dealt with Nick @ Playmini he is great..give him a call direct!!

Anymore info needed just PM me.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cfranklin said:
I have the play mini slash cut exhaust....I think it brilliant and gets slightly louder as it wears in. It comes with everything you need...and it hangs on the original hangers. I dealt with Nick @ Playmini he is great..give him a call direct!!

Anymore info needed just PM me.
Thanks for the info and the PMs going back and forth. If Greenland isn't good for you name an alternative. :D

Just to fill in the lurkers, I've become aware that my system is missing the rear hanger assembly. I've made initial attempts to contact the seller (a private party) to see if he has it still, and also have made another contact that believes they may have one available for my use.

These forums are incredible. Between MINI2 and NorthAmericanMotoring, not to mention all the others, all things are possible.

·
MINI2 Master Baiter
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A quick follow up on the progress:

A fine example of a MINI owner from the NAM site will be shipping out the needed bracket to me on Monday. This guy is a true MINI owner, offering to help out without prepayment etc.

Thanks to all the people that have PM'd me with offers, suggestions, help. We have quite the group of users here.

I'll try to do a final post of the install with pics and the obligatory grumblings of installing an exhaust lying prone on my back with the car supported on jack stands. Expect many of the words to be ********* out.

Again, to all that responded with words of encouragement, tips, hints etc a big thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.