MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Send an email to P-Torque, they are a forum sponsor. They cant offer you the on site service like above but i believe that for a very similar amount you will get a before and after dyno run proving any gains that you will get! I'm a bit skeptical about gaining 20bhp on a cooper with a remap alone but i may be wrong!

Have a read of this thread it has input from Will @ P-Torque on Cooper remaps.
http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-engine-drivetrain-tuning/163354-cooper-re-map.html

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Going rates

Choices so far are:

£295 for '20bhp' from chippedup - their AST has advantages but sounds like a generic rather than live (bespoke to your car) map so not worth the extra (Chipped Up - ECU Remap, Car Remapping, Chip Tuning, Fuel Economy Tuning)
or
£295 for '8-11bhp' inc before and after dyno runs
or
£125 for ??bhp from City Styling

;)

My advice would be to go with who you feel comfortable with working on your valuable car and who you think will give you the best service, support as well as results and value for money ... if theyre similar, I'd choose a tuner with a base local to you as it's easier to go and see them about subsequent updates, further work on the car (or if you have any questions or concerns)

Look forward to hearing what you decide :nice:

·
pw4
154 Posts
I've yet to find anyone who can chip an R56 Just-a-Cooper. :( I did try with a local company and neither they nor their US suppliers could break through the security coding on the ECU. Strange that BMW locks down the Cooper so strongly but allows Cooper S retuning. Maybe they want everyone to buy an "S" :confused: - which is fine except when you're on a long lease...

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Yes P-Torque can. I'm having my R56 S mapped on friday! :)
But as Will has said above he can map the R56 Cooper for gains of around 10bhp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cooper SD Auto remap

Assuming it is possible to get 180 bhp can anyone tell me if my auto cooper SD drive chain ( gearbox/drive shafts etc ) are up to taking this power increase without affecting reliability ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts