MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I have 09 cooper S and adding the new clock spring, turn and wiper switch unit. As well as steering wheel with supporting wheel controls. From my research thus far. At least 2nd gen minis are all suppose to supports cruise control.. I.E. adding the correct parts and it should work with computer etc. Since throttles now are all electronic.. but the caviot is that you need to have dealer or someone that has the tools to unlock that feature in the car.. and that's the purpose for this thread. Trying to see if there's anyone out there that knows of anyone close to myself that does this.. I am in the middle of buffalo ny/ cleveland oh/ pittsburgh pa.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
short answer to this is if want factory cruise control its got to be done by main dealer and is very expensive as its a reprogram the bcm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are minis more difficult lol.. what about bcm from another s that has factory and matches everything required for my mini ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the software and leads from eBay for about £70 in the uk. It activated my cruise control and is always handy for diagnostics. It’s worth the investment in time to learn it and costs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the one I purchased. One of the programs was in German (which I don’t speak or read) but comes with a program that translates it for you. All the instructions came with it. Like I say it wasn’t easy but likewise it wasn’t too hard (with some google support), but it was certainly better the quote I got.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts