MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
CHEQUE IT OUT
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just fitted 30mm springs to my cooper s, quick and easy mod and looks brilliant,

sits just right, altough i cant get two people in the back as it will scrape,
ah well its the price you pay for looking good.

what do you guys think?:)

Attachments

·
CHEQUE IT OUT
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well they are supposed to be 30mm springs, butit is low,
my mate has a gp he has lowered it 30mm and it is similar to mine in height.

it scapes when i have to people in the back, one is fine, catches at the front on kerbs though.

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
that is fairly low at the back. Looking very nice though, very nice car.

I have eibach springs and they were meant to be upto 30mm but mine dropped just over 40mm all round. When i park on uneven ground the whole tyre at the top goes into the arch but still no scrapage, love my offset lol. Could prob drop another inch and it wouldnt scrape. Check out the gallery to see if you want.

My wheels are a different offset than urs prob but i scrape on everything. Not the arches, just the front of the car and the centre lol.

Love it though, scrapage is good.

EDIT: nylo- eibach springs are stiff therefore they wont compress under pressure. Other brands of springs are softer meaning that they drop more at the back because the coils arent as large.
Thats why you dont go for budget springs, apex, h&r and eibach are the best.

·
CHEQUE IT OUT
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what offset and tyres size is yours darth,
my tapers out on the back wheels slightly looks ace, my tyre does just touch the arch with 2 people in the back. thinking mine is more like 40mm
really happy with the ride and handling though.

cheers for your comments so far,;)

HAHA i agree scapage is good

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
what offset and tyres size is yours darth,
my tapers out on the back wheels slightly looks ace, my tyre does just touch the arch with 2 people in the back. thinking mine is more like 40mm
really happy with the ride and handling though.

cheers for your comments so far,;)
im on 18x7.5 wheels, kei racing, with a 215/35/18 tyre as well. My offset is 42/43 mm from what im aware of.
The lowest my car has been at the back was the whole tyre disapearing and a bit of the wheel at the top and no scrapeage.

·
CHEQUE IT OUT
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im on 18x7.5 wheels, kei racing, with a 215/35/18 tyre as well. My offset is 42/43 mm from what im aware of.
The lowest my car has been at the back was the whole tyre disapearing and a bit of the wheel at the top and no scrapeage.

lucky you my my tyre will only just go under my arch then it gets stuck,:angry:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you get any problems with that black bit under the front of the bumper and those flaps just infront of the rear wheels catching on the floor?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
blimey, that looks like a kerb catcher.

I struggle with speed ramps and so on with mine at standard with the Aero kit, really not sure what i should drop it by as still want it to be drivable. think 20mm will be enough

·
CHEQUE IT OUT
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dan -i think i am goin to cut that bit inder the front bumper off, that is the only bit that catches. other than that its fine.

antfr - if you do a 20mm drop think it will still look good, but they do compress more after time so you might get close to a 30mm drop, i have measured mineand it is closer to a 40mm drop.
the car is still drivable and handles brilliant, speed bumps are ok just take it slow, thinking of getting the aero front bumper on mine(dont think its much lower)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
dan -i think i am goin to cut that bit inder the front bumper off, that is the only bit that catches. other than that its fine.

antfr - if you do a 20mm drop think it will still look good, but they do compress more after time so you might get close to a 30mm drop, i have measured mineand it is closer to a 40mm drop.
the car is still drivable and handles brilliant, speed bumps are ok just take it slow, thinking of getting the aero front bumper on mine(dont think its much lower)

Aero is quite a bit lower and due to being more of lip the angle of approach on ramps is decreased too. I'm using adjustable coil overs so if its too much will just turn it up a bit, worst case scenario

·
CHEQUE IT OUT
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont think i will bother with the bumper then:hmph:
quick question could i fit a rear aero bumper the the twin exit exhaust sytem, if yes how?

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
Or buy a Cooper aerokit bumper and cut the other side out.

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
Aero is quite a bit lower and due to being more of lip the angle of approach on ramps is decreased too. I'm using adjustable coil overs so if its too much will just turn it up a bit, worst case scenario
Shame that as I was looking into getting the Aero kit fitted and I have Eibachs fitted - they are 40mm drop.. having said that though I already know where I can and cant drive due to bumps etc so it may not make too much difference with the bumper :)

westycoopers - car looks nice!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts