MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mini Crazy
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this possible? i was thinking of putting one on my cooper but the BMW dealer said it would not go on due to fitting problems, he later wouldnt sell me a bonnet cause they are "exclusive" to a cooper S. i can buy one elsewhere just wondered if anyone else had tried to fit one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm with the why question. I spent ages trying to justify an S as I prefered the bonnet style of my Cooper. I loved it when washing the car and you were kneeling down washing the wheels and looked across the bonnet line in line with the headlights - I loved that styling with the much lower bonnet.

·
Mini Crazy
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I WANT THE SCOOP lol. i love cars with turbo, i wanted a mini cooper S, but could not get one for insurance reasons as i was 19 when i bought one in march this year. im purposely making it look like an S, ive little details such as the side reapeaters and the bigger spoiler etc.

·
The King of Bling
148 Posts
MaRKaSaURuS said:
I WANT THE SCOOP lol. i love cars with turbo, i wanted a mini cooper S, but could not get one for insurance reasons as i was 19 when i bought one in march this year. im purposely making it look like an S, ive little details such as the side reapeaters and the bigger spoiler etc.
Nooooooo, not another one. Ah well it's your car.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
euan said:
I'm with the why question. I spent ages trying to justify an S as I prefered the bonnet style of my Cooper. I loved it when washing the car and you were kneeling down washing the wheels and looked across the bonnet line in line with the headlights - I loved that styling with the much lower bonnet.
I think you've got a bit of a "Cooper Crush" thing going on there!!! ;)

"That S bonnet" is one of the main things that's stopped me getting an "S" :p :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Rather than mess up your car, why not just wait?

Tch, kids today, when I was a lad you had a Talbot Alpine and were glad of it...

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
TBH there is a guy in my area with a cooper and he has the CooperS Bonnet and it looks a bit odd :rolleyes: , if I were you I would get the full kit, ie skirts, front and rear bumpers that way your Bonnet will not look as add ;)

·
MINI2 Jedi Master
1,237 Posts
I like the way MaRKaSaURuS is getting asked why he would want to do this from people who have put S filter caps and other mods on there Coopers, interesting.
Personally I think it wouldn't look good on the Cooper as the bonnet looks great as is and would certainly cheapen it when you come to resale.

R1 said:
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.................................Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :eek: :(

:p

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
If you have an S scoop on your Cooper, won't your engine bay get filthy fairly quickly? Is there some kind of filter to keep out the dirt/debris?

I agree with the previous statement, that you should get the full body kit to do the job properly.

If you are dead-set on the idea, you may be able to make use of the scoop as a cool air intake for an induction kit.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
badboyzbadboyz said:
I like the way MaRKaSaURuS is getting asked why he would want to do this from people who have put S filter caps and other mods on there Coopers, interesting.
Personally I think it wouldn't look good on the Cooper as the bonnet looks great as is and would certainly cheapen it when you come to resale.
I have the "S" / ONE "D" side skirts and the "S" filler cap because, admit it, they are better than the coopers, and they are a style difference only. Why anyone would think a cutout that is just a hole in the bonnet (hood) with no style (because it was put there to serve a purpose on the "S" and that's it) looks good is beyond me! :rolleyes: Think how dirty and full of crap your engine bay will be if you don't cover the hole from within the bonnet!! :eek:

But then again, it is only my opinion. :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.