MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if would be an easy job to swap my MINI one's bonnet for a Cooper S one with the scoop, i'd obvisouly block off the scoop.

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
I can't see it being too much of a problem. You would just need to replace the bonnet and as you say it could be worth blocking off the scoop or you could end up with water etc on the engine.

Although the scoop is only there for a purpose on the S, or are you trying to make your car look like something its not?

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
i dont see it as making it look like something its not, the s bonnet looks well smart and id chuck one on my one if i could find one, nothing to do with making it look like something its not but more just it looks better than a standard bonnet, same reason i put new wheels on mine, they look better and nothing to do with making it something its not.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I wreckon it would fit, I wonder if you could utilise the scoop to direct more air into the air intake, not sure how though

I have a Mini One with cooper s skirts and bumpers and an aero grill. I'm not pretending to be a cooper s, just did it instead of the aero kit cos loads of ppl have that

I'd keep your eyes peeled on ebay, they often come up on there

·
Registered
382 Posts
I wreckon it would fit, I wonder if you could utilise the scoop to direct more air into the air intake, not sure how though

I have a Mini One with cooper s skirts and bumpers and an aero grill. I'm not pretending to be a cooper s, just did it instead of the aero kit cos loads of ppl have that

I'd keep your eyes peeled on ebay, they often come up on there
There is nothing wrong with the aero kit, or S skirts etc on a one, all I was saying is the only reason the S has the scoop is to serve a purpose.

It does kinda spoil the lines of the bonnet.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yer, i have to admit the scoop doesnt do much for me either, I quite like the look of my car with an S bumper and standard bonnet

has anyone got an S bonnet but a standard bumper?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts