MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

I have an 01 plate cooper, and looking to pick up bumpers and sideskirts from an 05 plate cooper s somepoint soon. Has any one got any experience in doing the swap? After having a hunt round on here, it looks like i should be able to do the side skirts myself with some new clips.
I know there is the issue with the exaust exit on the rear bumpers and have heard its possible to just swap the trim over so the exit is to the side rather than in the middle.
Specifically im wondering about the front bumper, and if i will have to move the fog lights when fitting.

I have been quouted £100 to fit the lot by two independant body shops, but if i can, i will do it my self.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Lewis

ps, sorry if this has been covered many times before, i just want to be sure before i go about taking apart my car!!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
You'll have to move the fog lights to fit them in the new bumper. All you have to do is drill 2 holes on the upper or lower positioning (can't remember which) and then rotate and fit the fog clusters to this position instead. Slightly tricky but easy to do as I did it and I'm a girl!

I found the rear bumper more tricky than the front bumper but I was flagging by then! You definitely can use the side exit trim from your old bumper which will just clip onto the new bumper to replace the centre exit trim. It won't work if you have a 54reg + MINI One or Cooper as these have completely different bottom trims.

There is a guide around here somewhere. Keep searching, I did mine around 3-4 years ago now I think so it must be an old thread!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi, i did it on a 2005 one. Its fairly straight forward. check out the recent thread in the mini one section titled '17 or 18 inch alloys' (or somthing like that), it was discussed a lot in there a few days ago

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts