MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a tin top for 2 yrs and have currently made an order a S cab - I have now changed my mind back to a new tin top

Reasons

1) Main reasons are the number of issues with the cab on the cab forum
2) Cab looks very nice for now.................
3)I don't have a garage
4) I think the tin top has longer longevity
5) I am getting on finance so feel have to have 100% satisfaction

What do you think?

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
CHRed said:
I have had a tin top for 2 yrs and have currently made an order a S cab - I have now changed my mind back to a new tin top

Reasons

1) Main reasons are the number of issues with the cab on the cab forum
2) Cab looks very nice for now.................
3)I don't have a garage
4) I think the tin top has longer longevity
5) I am getting on finance so feel have to have 100% satisfaction

What do you think?

The cab's the car of the moment because its new and fresh... but if your hearts not in it, then you've already made the right decision. The cab's going to have teething problems, and if you haven't got a garage then you could have problems.

However, you have made one mistake. you could own the cab for six months, and if you didn't like it, you could trade it in for a hard top without losing any money - currently 0% depreciation - so you have a free chance of seeing if you like the car or not - why not take it? You don't usually get the chance of something for nothing, why not have 6 months free cabriolet driving?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
However, you have made one mistake. you could own the cab for six months, and if you didn't like it, you could trade it in for a hard top without losing any money - currently 0% depreciation - so you have a free chance of seeing if you like the car or not - why not take it? You don't usually get the chance of something for nothing, why not have 6 months free cabriolet driving?

Just a thought.
O% depreciation?!

Not if you're trading it in at a dealership. They will never offer enough for the car. Besides, you'll be financing an S Cab but you'll only have a tin top S....way upside down on the notes.

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
04yellowS said:
O% depreciation?!

Not if you're trading it in at a dealership. They will never offer enough for the car. Besides, you'll be financing an S Cab but you'll only have a tin top S....way upside down on the notes.

Why would you trade a car that has a waiting list? That kind of lazyness is what those greedy to55ers at the dealership thrive on. With a car that has a waiting list, you either pre-negociate a trade in price against a new one prior to completeing the original deal, or you sell privatly. Chose spec and colour wisely, you get free motoring as there will always be someone who wants to jusp the list. BMW dealerships do this often, especially when theres a waiting list for a new car. A friend of mine gets to drive a brand new 530d for the next 3 months while he waits for his brand new M5. When that arrives, he has a prenegociated trade in at 100% purchase price. - dealership gets a guaranteed sale on an M5, and also meets sales figures by selling a 530d.... its not like its going to be hard to resell the 530d...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts