MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a Cooper S with the cloth interior? I have seen the leather options but I was planning on getting the cloth for my S.

Does anyone have any pictures? Or can anyone describe them if they have seen them?

Thanks!

j

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The brochure I got at NAIAS 2002 shows "Space Cloth" available for the MINI Cooper S. It a dark-grey denim looking fabric with black side bolsters. Two-tone like the leather combo's.

The brochure in the options section also describes the cloth as "cloth downgrade available at no extra charge".

I don't like the term "downgrade" so we're probably getting the synthetic leather.

I saw one with a cloth/leather combo, but it was on a pre-production car, and I haven't seen it or a reference to it since. Too bad, it was the nicest.

You can see the space cloth in the brochure, someone has already scanned the whole brochure to their gallery.

·
Registered
130 Posts
space cloth

The scanned brochure is in my personal gallery, S_mott. (I know there's a discrepancy between my username and my gallery and that's because I scanned the brochure at home but I post at work and the site would not let me use my work username on my home computer for some reason).

I have not seen the cloth in person either but would like to. Maybe someone out there can get us a photo since Minis seem to be arriving in North America.

minimott

·
Registered
930 Posts
Me too, as I plan to order my S with the all-cloth interior.

·
Registered
187 Posts
does the leather pucker much?

some of the photos (of the rear seats especially) sugggest that the leather will sag - i've never had a car with leather seats - can anyone offer some advice?
thanx!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I've sat in most of the leather seats at Autoshows (nice of them to show you the finest first, eh?) and it's nice. But I don't think it's $2200 nice. I know there are cars where the leather option costs even more, but I just can't see spending that.

I would love to hear anything about the Space Cloth or the Leatherette options, before I solidify my order. I know Space Cloth is a relative unknown as of yet, but I'm fairly confident it'd be just fine. The only thing that would make it terrible is if it were wool, which it isn't. (Allergic).

Can anyone give us some comments about the Leatherette? I believe I read somewhere that it was really quite nice for a syntehtic, well wearing, and felt like leather. (Smell was off though).

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
noahe said:
Can anyone give us some comments about the Leatherette? I believe I read somewhere that it was really quite nice for a syntehtic, well wearing, and felt like leather. (Smell was off though).
I was in my friend's 330xi equipped with leatherette for a couple of road trips not long ago. I thought it was real leather the first time I saw it. His car was about a year old, and the synthetic material still looks like new and there are no obvious sags whatsoever unlike that found in leather seats after some use. It's very durable and much easier to take care of if dirty due to the 'thicker' and more water repellent material. The only gave away that it was not real leather was that there was of course the missing leather scent. Otherwise, it looks and feels great. I may very well opt for the leatherettes on my S. :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
That's good to hear. The Leatherette is free. The Space Cloth downgrade is available at no extra charge. I'm not too fond of the term 'downgrade' so I think I'll get the Leatherette. I just wish I could sit on both before deciding.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'd still like to see a real picture of the Grey Space Cloth sport seats (preferrably with the Panther Black door casings).

The interior images on the "build your own" section of the miniusa website were less helpful than I was hoping for.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
That HK system looks fab :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
930 Posts
Great pictures, thanks!! I'm going to order the Space Cloth for sure.

Any pics of the Cooper's black cloth sport seats (as opposed to the Cooper S space cloth)???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by S2000&CooperS Any pics of the Cooper's black cloth sport seats (as opposed to the Cooper S space cloth)??? [/B]

:( nope sorry, seems leather upholstery is the popular 'show' stuff.
the space cloth seat looks great and IMO the cloth tissue feels super too. :D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I have to say Leather is also a lot easier to clean so at the shows they might go for leather for that reason to!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts