MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum??

Here goes.....been looking for a while at getting a convertible Mini, initially was looking at a Cooper, but think we might end up going for an 'S' :D (managed to sway the missus)
Anyhow, I've been to look at a June 2005 'S' convertible with 20500 miles, it's red with chilli pack I think (wearing bullets, 3 spoke steering wheel, air con, front fogs, carpet mats) also has xenons. £10500

It has full service history but no TLC pack (seems a bit unusual?), I'm intending on getting a full RAC inspection before parting with me hard earned.

Just wondering what the general thought was about this potential purchase.

Cheers

MIB

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Hi Guys,

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum??

Here goes.....been looking for a while at getting a convertible Mini, initially was looking at a Cooper, but think we might end up going for an 'S' :D (managed to sway the missus)
Anyhow, I've been to look at a June 2005 'S' convertible with 20500 miles, it's red with chilli pack I think (wearing bullets, 3 spoke steering wheel, air con, front fogs, carpet mats) also has xenons. £10500

It has full service history but no TLC pack (seems a bit unusual?), I'm intending on getting a full RAC inspection before parting with me hard earned.

Just wondering what the general thought was about this potential purchase.

Cheers

MIB
Seems fair however the lack of TLC will count against it.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Fronts are a little worn on the outer edges, still legal tho' as it has 12mths MOT, how much for new rubber? (which I imagine may be soon :D )
Run flats aren't cheap. Look at over £150 each I think. (from what I have read anyway)

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Oh well thats good. The car should be alright mechanically then

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
So do I! However, I think that you have to replace the whole set, so swap the fronts and back so that they are all worn! There are threads about run flats vs normal tyres.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
On a three year old car with that mileage it's only worth one service, so doesn't count for much.
True. See Chris from Woodman's post on service costs if you want to budget for servicing.

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
It does seem a little odd though how someone paying the price for a new Mini (whatever model) wouldn't fork out a few quid for the TLC package.?
Possibly an ex Contract Hire car. They usually come with full maintenance, so TLC is not needed.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Maybe actually, cos it has a handsfree car kit fitted?? (Which really needs to come out!)
It isn't one of those that has drilled holes through the trim is it? They are horrible!

·
off out....
19,946 Posts
I'd be checking the roof very carefully for any sign of the known wear, as it would be costly to replace and I imagine it's out of warranty now?

It would be worth checking the convertible forum for known problems (roof being the biggest). If the RAC report comes back all clear and everything else seems in order then you have yourself a bargain, does seem very keenly priced to me.....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts