MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the following letter yesterday. Seems to indicate that the S will not be available until JUNE.

Jason

======================
Dear MINI Enthusiast:

In the very near future we are expecting our initial allocation of MINIs. As you may be aware, for the first few months we will receive the MINI Cooper only, the MINI Cooper S will follow shortly thereafter.

Don Rosen MINI will have cars to view and drive before the enf of March 2002. So, if you have a MINI Cooper on order we will be contacting your shortly to schedule your delivery and if you have a MINI Cooper S on order, well, the thrill of motoring will be worth the wait.

Let's motor,

Alex Nitterhouse
Sales Manager, Don Rosen MINI
======================

·
Registered
171 Posts
Impatience sets in

I got the same letter. That rots! I suppose there is the possibility that there will be some pre specced S's before then, but not sure.

Here aer two responses from Mini USA:

Unfortunately, the launching doesn't necessarily mean orders will be taken that day. A small number of MINI models, ordered for the initial production run, will arrive pre-spec'd. The features chosen are the ones we felt owners would want to have. Should you prefer, you are able to order the new models with other customization and take timely delivery. You would have to discuss your order, along with details with your future MINI dealer as you have done.

Hey Tom,

The pre-spec vehicles will be equipped with a a random variety of options which our future customers requested. Thus there will be a lot of choices available. I do not have any info on specifics yet. Make sure you visit MINIUSA.com and "Get In the Loop" for updates!

Monika Cooley
MINI Division

·
Registered
97 Posts
I also got the same letter from Don Rosen's. After talking to them earlier in the week, I had the impression that they would at least have an S for test drives on 3/22. I guess we'll see in about a week!

·
Registered
171 Posts
You are correct. Alex said they will have two, one for rides the other for show. They just won't be for sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts