MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!! I know this has been done to death and i have searched all of the build threads, just need confirmation that i have all that is needed listed.... from what i can gather from REALOEM.com, i will need the following to complete this job

18201493797 + 98 - 2 black hanger hooks for outside edge of boxes
18207521427 + 18201176013 - red piece that french guy used, made up to hold driver side clamp up and secured through the boot area/tool kit compartment - do i need two of these?

18207535665 - rubber mounts - 2 supplied?

18207535664 - lower clamps - 2 supplied left and right
18207546980 - upper right hand clamp
18207546979 - upper left hand clamp

there are two other mounts showing on the diagram on the inside edge of the silencers, im guessing that these are not needed or are they?......

i have bought a cooper s rear bumper and would love to keep the centre exit so already have the plastics.....

Just wanting to know that the above is all i need from the dealer along with a selection of nuts n bolts......my other half and his mechanic mate are attempting once i have all the correct parts

Many thanks

Tara

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks for the help guys/gals

I have taken guidance from those fantastic people at Minispares in Bury coupled with some previous posts.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks James, the situation is that i wasnt going to touch the car at all, since that vow i have bluefinned it, and seen a full cooper S bumper/skirt/grill set go on ebay for £67, if id have known how cheap that was i wouldnt have bothered wacking such a crappy bid in, that aside it gave me the bug....

Ive purchased the bumpers very cheaply and need to change the chavvy exhaust that came with the car, simple fact is i can go for standard cooper or cooper S without incurring too much expense, i like the cooper S centre exits, true its heavy and will sap a tiny bit of power, noticeable to me? i doubt it:eek:)

Tara

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
thanks James, the situation is that i wasnt going to touch the car at all, since that vow i have bluefinned it, and seen a full cooper S bumper/skirt/grill set go on ebay for £67, if id have known how cheap that was i wouldnt have bothered wacking such a crappy bid in, that aside it gave me the bug....

Ive purchased the bumpers very cheaply and need to change the chavvy exhaust that came with the car, simple fact is i can go for standard cooper or cooper S without incurring too much expense, i like the cooper S centre exits, true its heavy and will sap a tiny bit of power, noticeable to me? i doubt it:eek:)

Tara
Get in contact with Lohen, one of the sites sponsers and ask about the GT Re-Route Pipe, this will enable you to chop one of the back boxes off and make the exhaust not only lighter but also much easier to fit ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Get in contact with Lohen, one of the sites sponsers and ask about the GT Re-Route Pipe, this will enable you to chop one of the back boxes off and make the exhaust not only lighter but also much easier to fit ;)
one slight problem there mate the re route pipe is made buy GTT who are also a sponsor ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i actually rang lohen about that and they duely corrected me about the 'GTT' pipe lol

only issue is paying another £70 for the reroute pipe, my other half has already put the left hanger up for the extra box and is going to drill the right hand side hanger once its in place.... he says it shouldnt be too much of a problem and as im trying to keep the costs down

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
woohoo, exhaust was fitted this weekend, will post some pics once i have the new bumpers on (as the trim is removed from my old bumper now to make way for the pipes)....really glad to be rid of the 'Cobra' back box, no more chavvy noises coming out the back end of my Mini (excuse the pun!!)

Tara

·
Registered
64 Posts
hi im new to this site,
ive got a mini one and was wanting to upgrade to an aero kit. but cant find anyone that is selling this kit for a mini one. how and what would i need to do to change the exhaust

1 - 9 of 9 Posts