MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
from up north
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

This has probably been asked and answered before so sorry for the post. I've tried searching and couldn't find any information.

Q. Can I fit a Cooper S exhaust on a cooper? I've got a Cooper S bumper, so thats not the problem. Basically, can the exhaust hang correctly with the two silencers and is it easy to fit extra heat shield?

Has anybody done it and if so, what sort of mods had to be done to make it work?

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
I dont think its possible as a straight fit.... the underside if the S is very different in the boot area because of the battery box (S has the battery below the boot floor).... I have seen One's and Cooper's with S type exhausts (although mainly aftermarket ones)... maybe you would just need the hangers adding ?....

probably the easiest way is to pop down to your local dealer and have a squiz underneath an S an compare it to your Cooper... buying a second hand S exhaust will be dead easy as theres a lot of people who've switched to aftermarket and kept their standard job (mines in my garage !)

·
from up north
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I've noticed s exhausts coming on to ebay quite often and would like a centre exit exhaust on my cooper since I think it looks better. Rather than buy an expensive aftermarket one, I thought I could just buy a used S one.

I was hoping someone had already done it, so could get some advice from their experience. All I can presume is remove spare wheel cover (I have run flats anyway), get soem heatsheilding where the spare wheel should be (on a cooper) and possibly attach some hangers.

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
i remember awhile back someone posted a cooper with a standard S exhaust... i just dont recall if it's mini2 or nam.. do a search and im sure you should turn up something

·
DrJ
170 Posts
You can't do it as far as I know due to the boot floor as mentioned above. The boot floor moulding is very different on an MCS and its exhaust won't fit the MC. Sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
DrJ
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing