MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Addicted to Speed!!
Joined
·
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at the picks from Essen it looks like the Cooper S alum fuel filler might retrofit on a Cooper. I'd have one as I think they look better than the normal painted flap.
 

·
Moderator & Sponsor
Joined
·
3,758 Posts
R1 said:
Looking at the picks from Essen it looks like the Cooper S alum fuel filler might retrofit on a Cooper. I'd have one as I think they look better than the normal painted flap.
You're not the first to think so. But some future Cooper S owners might want get rid of it and get the painted cover as fitted to non-S MINIs instead. Unhappiness with it being fake.

See:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2618
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
I think the stupid rubber thingy fixed to the cap will be a damned nusance...but then I've mentioned this somewhere before and i dont want to go on and on and .........
 

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
Joined
·
231 Posts
Just clip it off then. That little plactic cable is a pain. This is what I have done in the past.
 

·
Test thread infiltrator
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
or let the plug thing fall off and roll under your car like what happened to me today.

"Oh look, it's a new MINI... and what's that man doing crawling underneath it???"

Dom
 

·
...where´s the any-key?
Joined
·
23,182 Posts
Dom said:
or let the plug thing fall off and roll under your car like what happened to me today.

"Oh look, it's a new MINI... and what's that man doing crawling underneath it???"

You took the words right out of my mouth !!

LMB:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
The Filler Cap that walks......

Can't say i've dropped a filler cap in my life, but then I havn't got my MINI yet.......you guy's must have butter fingers......anyway i said i wouldn't go on and on and o.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
unless there's a holder for the cap like those found on BMWs, Benzs and other makes, one maybe prone to either leaving he cap on the roof, on the ground, or somewhere else while filling up. Until there is a bracket or some mechanism to hold the cap during fill ups, I guess a plastic cable would do just fine. besides, does it really matter that much? :confused: :rolleyes: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
KarmanS said:
unless there's a holder for the cap like those found on BMWs, Benzs and other makes, one maybe prone to either leaving he cap on the roof, on the ground, or somewhere else while filling up. Until there is a bracket or some mechanism to hold the cap during fill ups, I guess a plastic cable would do just fine. besides, does it really matter that much? :confused: :rolleyes: ;)
ha ha....your right.....it's probably the most menial debate on the whole site...... but there is a little holder built into the cover to stick it.... (the cap that is)...

I commented elsewhere that the cable would mean the cap will be flapping about against the bodywork. But some kind sole posted a picture of the cap sitting on it's holder.......Anyway, I promise i will not utter another word on the subject......:D
 

·
Moderator & Sponsor
Joined
·
3,758 Posts
KarmanS said:
......one maybe prone to either leaving the cap on the roof....
Sitting on the Dark Silver paint? :eek:

Sacrilege! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
BruceK said:


Sitting on the Dark Silver paint? :eek:

Sacrilege! :eek:
OK, OK, cant resist!!!........is someone getting Dark Silver WITHOUT the white roof ?......

Idle hands the devils work make.......lol
 

·
Moderator & Sponsor
Joined
·
3,758 Posts
Basil said:


OK, OK, cant resist!!!........is someone getting Dark Silver WITHOUT the white roof ?......

Idle hands the devils work make.......lol
Not me. You've caught me in a mistake about saying Dark Silver for the roof. :rolleyes: It is fundamental, in my mind, that a classic Mini and a new MINI have a contrasting roof color. :) And, living in a hot climate, I don't believe a word of it about white roofs keeping a car cooler when parked, but they sure do look better. :)

Still, I have a hard time understanding why any car owner would put a filler cap on the roof of nice car during fueling up. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
BruceK said:


Still, I have a hard time understanding why any car owner would put a filler cap on the roof of nice car during fueling up. :confused:
I've seen many people do it.....and cringe everytime...

BlackRoof w/- Sunroof for me......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
flapping about . . . .

Dom said:
a holder? I really must pay more attention when I'm filling the car up...

Dom
Could be right then - you know - the holder you get, the . . . . !

:D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top