MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
monte carlo
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: somebody advise me please, i replaced the stock pirelli runflats on my 03 s with dunlop sp 9000 non run flat tyres, the ride is much improved,the tram-lining has diminished greatly,but the chassis seems softer, the handling not as sharp as before especially at slow speeds the car pitches and rolls more now. obviously the run flats form an integral part of the suspension package as the sport suspension plus in isolation is quite soft so .. how do i get back that crisp edge thats now missing what pressures should i run in convetional tyres ?
someone must know how to fix this... i dont want to lower my car ..HELP..!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
yiano said:
:mad: somebody advise me please, i replaced the stock pirelli runflats on my 03 s with dunlop sp 9000 non run flat tyres, the ride is much improved,the tram-lining has diminished greatly,but the chassis seems softer, the handling not as sharp as before especially at slow speeds the car pitches and rolls more now. obviously the run flats form an integral part of the suspension package as the sport suspension plus in isolation is quite soft so .. how do i get back that crisp edge thats now missing what pressures should i run in convetional tyres ?
someone must know how to fix this... i dont want to lower my car ..HELP..!!!
You don't say what pressures you are running but why not start with 38 front 34 rear and see if you are going in the right direction. Running for a while too hard isn't going to cause any problems so experiment - just make sure tires pressures are set when cold and give them time to get warmed up before making a decision

·
Registered
700 Posts
New tires don't handle well until there's a little tread wear. The more tread on the tire, the more heat buildup in the tire. This can cause traction/adhesion problems.

Your new tires may get better with a little mileage on them, but, they may not be as sticky as your originals.

Maybe you can take them back for some kind of exchange?

Let us know what you do, good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.