MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm addicted to the Whine
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Who are you insured with, the best price i can get is with Admiral or Elephant,

I have 3 yrs no claims, with 2 named drivers over 40 on the policy aswell.

They come in at £798 on a 10 Month Bonus Accelerator Policy.

Anyone else I can try??

Cheers Mike

·
Registered
728 Posts
Managed to get it cheaper with Churchills!!

£697

Well Happy !!
That's a very good price that Mike, I pay only a bit less than that for my Cooper, saying that it's no standard Cooper with a spec list longer than me arm!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Be aware though that they WILL NOT insure your car if it is classed as 'modified' ;)

and if its modified and you dont tell them, then your insurance will be void.
Well said that Jo!!

·
I'm addicted to the Whine
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be aware though that they WILL NOT insure your car if it is classed as 'modified' ;)

and if its modified and you dont tell them, then your insurance will be void.
They know everything that is on the car at the min, not got plans for much modifying just yet, need to save some cash!! Good point though!

Mike

·
MINI2 Regular
323 Posts
im 20 with 3 years NCB living in brighton, my MCS insurance is £1150 with admiral, i have my mum as a named driver

·
MCS AB Owner! =D
325 Posts
Got my MINI Cooper R56S (with JCW Kit - Direct Line weren't bothered as it's not a "performance" upgrade) insurance for around £1100 (plus online/multicar discount). The next up was £1500!

·
Registered
369 Posts
24 yo with 1 yr NCB

Hi,

I'm 24 but only had a licence for just over a year, getting 1 yr no claims bonus from Admiral (did 10 months bonus accelerator). Direct Line wouldn't insure me at all once I bought my Mini Cooper Convertible Sidewalk (I was with them for my previous car), and Admiral were by far the cheapest for me last year (around £1,200). This year it has gone down to just under £800! They actually wrote to me to say renewal would be £935 but when I configured a new quote online it came out at £797, so I spoke to them on the phone and they moved me over to that quote instead! Saved £150 in 10 minutes - not bad going :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts