MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

New here so excuse my lack of knowledge.

Have a 08 cooper S with 18'' JCW wheels. Correct me if iam wrong but cooper S already has lower sport suspension than one or cooper.....Would like to lower mine a further 20-30mm and not sure what best way to go about it is.

Dont want to spend a fortune so JCW suspension is out, lookin at a set of aftermarket springs. Seen several makes with claim to lower suspension 40mm.

My question is will this be any lower than the current cooper S suspension? Also can any1 recommend a good set of springs that would do what iam looking for. (dont want car to look stupidly low - just to get rid of gap between top of tyre and bottom of arches)

Cheers (Finding forum very helpful)

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
Sports suspension (or sports suspension plus) on the MCS is no lower than the ONE or Cooper. And those suspension set ups were available for the Cooper too.

There are a few springs out there, but Eibach appear to be favourite. My car is on Eibachs, lowering it 30mm. The JCW suspension lowers the car 10mm.

Depending on your budget coilovers may be a possibilty, but being as you say that JCW suspension is too much they may weel be out.

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
Another for Eibachs here. Yes the ride is a little harsher, but it lowers the MINI just about the right amount.

I had the Works suspension on my previous S and I felt it was an improvement on the set up over standard (matched dampers and springs help a lot), but it didn't lower the S by very much, especially in comparison with the Eibach drop.

If you're on a budget, Eibachs are a popular choice :)

·
Boosted
480 Posts
08 Cooper S is an R56? Pedey7 am i right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes its a R56. Think i will go for Eibachs then.

Any idea how much lower it will make it than standard sport suspension?

Thanks for help

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Should be around the 30mm mark indeed although it can always go a little but further.

Nylo yours looks a little bit more than 30mm i think!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke to Lohen they were really usefull and will be orderin springs off them very shortly :)

Just so you know they said that on Gen 2 the Eibach and KW springs will both drop it 30mm, where as on Gen 1 the same KW springs will drop it slightly lower, an additional 10mm or so.

Thanks for help, will get pics up when done.

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
Pedey, just noticed you're in Portstewart - why didn't you say, man?!

Be good to see you out and about, we need a few more R56s in the clan ;)

Get yourself over to the N/Irish owners thread to introduce yourself and your MINI here:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/uk-irela...ni2-members-list-page-1-also-event-links.html

We're never too far away from a wee scoot or run, and the next one is probably going to be the run round the dealers between Christmas and the New Year:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/uk-irela...rn-ireland-mini-dealer-tour-mon-29th-dec.html

Good to hear you spoke to Lohen - I got my Eibachs from them, and got them fitted by them too when I was over in July :)

Look forward to seeing the pics :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol just noticed ur in Bangor mate :)

Aye will get pics up as soon as i can (could put pics up now but want it lookin its best b4 u guys give it the once over! ;) )

The run around christmas sounds good, wont know for sure until nearer the time though. Would be handy for me with it finishin at JKC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts