MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me - I've got an 04 Cooper s and bought mudflaps for it from Mini but have no idea how to fit them, the rear one looks like it fits over the top of the trim that's already there. I've looked everywhere for fitting instructions but can't find any, please please help :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought mudflaps from MINI for my sisters 03 Cooper S, but was told they wouldn't fit because of the trim on the bumper.

Spent a few minutes looking at it, and then cut a nick out of the muflap (the bit closest to the middle of the car), and they went on perfectly fine, no trimming of the bumper required as I've since read. The hole for the screw that attaches to the bottom of the bumper is now gone, but a bit of Sikaflex on it and it'll never move!

A few pictures of them fitted! (just realised I have to make a few more posts before I can post the pictures!!)

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
I bought mudflaps from MINI for my sisters 03 Cooper S, but was told they wouldn't fit because of the trim on the bumper.

Spent a few minutes looking at it, and then cut a nick out of the muflap (the bit closest to the middle of the car), and they went on perfectly fine, no trimming of the bumper required as I've since read. The hole for the screw that attaches to the bottom of the bumper is now gone, but a bit of Sikaflex on it and it'll never move!

A few pictures of them fitted! (just realised I have to make a few more posts before I can post the pictures!!)

According to the BMW parts catalogue they don't fit the aerokit. although I know a couple of people who have them fitted to the front with aeroskirts.

According to the fitting instructions holes have to be drilled into the skirt and inner arch for the screws to go in. I'm going to give it a go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to the BMW parts catalogue they don't fit the aerokit. although I know a couple of people who have them fitted to the front with aeroskirts.

According to the fitting instructions holes have to be drilled into the skirt and inner arch for the screws to go in. I'm going to give it a go.
Yeah, the guy at the parts desk told me they wouldn't fit as well.

I had to drill 2 holes in the arch to get them fitted as well, although that was no big deal!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, I've fitted the front ones after finding that install file on motoring file :)

Not sure about the back ones, can get them to fit by the look of it but they wont line up with the original bumper so will look a bit crappy :(

Grrrr, why couldn't they just make some for the MCS :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts