MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am eagerly awaiting the time when my dealer calls and tells me to come in to place my order. Like many others here, the hardest part will be the color - but besides that, let's have a little discussion about the different options available. Likes, dislikes, etc...

I am quite seriously looking at ordering one with EVERY option, with the possible exception of the parking distance warning system. Being that I am used to driving a huge GMC Suburban, I don't forsee backing up a Cooper to be very much of a challenge. But if the price is right, why not.

For those of you lucky enough to have some experience with MINI's allready, how about telling me about the options.

Here's my list of wants so far:
Cooper S with Premium, Sport, and Cold Weather packages. Bonnet stripes. Leather seats (depends on choices though.) Nav system, I love gadgets and like the way it looks rather than the speedo in the center. H&K sound system. Xenon lights with washers, just too cool! Possibly the fake wood trim and steering wheel (depends on rest of interior.)

Well, like I said, everything.

Are there any particular options that are a must have, and others that should be avoided if at all possible?

·
Registered
783 Posts
The S is already overweight (and getting heavier every week, apparently . . .), so I'm going to limit my options to the sport package, leather, and either metallic paint or the HK stereo. What I would really like is some delete options!

·
Registered
930 Posts
As I am looking to keep the price down on my Cooper S, I would like these options only:

Cloth seats (no-cost)
Xenon lights ($500)
Multifunction steering wheel ($350)
Metallic paint ($400)

.......and maybe the auto air conditioning ($300)

The rundown:

Sport Package: great deal, but I don't need it
Premium Package: no thanks
Cold Weather Package: not cold enough where I live
MFS wheel: must have option!
Metallic paint: must have option!
Xenon lights: superb lighting, must have
Auto air conditioning: very cool, debating....:confused:
Front fog lamps: don't need 'em with the Xenons
Leather: nice, but pricey so I will say no thanks
17" wheels: prefer the 16" wheels myself
Sunroof: shhhhweet, but I have a convertible so no thanks
Bonnet stripes: better looking than I thought but no thanks
On-board computer: no thanks
Navigation system: no thanks, like the speedo in the center
DSC: not necessary IMO
Heated seats: hmmm, nice but I'll pass
Heated windshield, washer jets, mirrors: no
Auto-dimming mirror: no
Rain-sensing wipers: no
2-way lumbar supports for sport seats: ?????
Park Distance Control: with a car this small, no way
Harmon Kardon sound system: hmmmmmm, don't know

·
Registered
448 Posts
As I am looking to keep the price down on my Cooper S, I would like these options only:
Xenon lights: superb lighting, must have
Front fog lamps: don't need 'em with the Xenons
Actually, the info on xenon headlights is that they are not very handy in the fog. So those foglamps might come in handy after all.

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
Along with (S2000&CooperS), I am trying to keep the cost down also. I will choose the Premium Pkg, Fog Lts, Bonnet Stripes, and Metallic Paint.

Premium Package - I want the sunroof and cruise control, so might as well get the whole package.
Fog Lights - I think it might look funny without them on the bumper.
Bonnet Stripes - They look sporty.
Metallic Paint - Don't like the regular colors.
Getting the interior (leatherette or cloth) that is no extra cost.
I am sticking with 16s and getting 17'' after market tires.

OUCH - adds up quick..:eek:

S2000&CooperS - I totally agree with you about the DSC, not necessary.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I want to keep my cost down and weight down. I am ordering S with sport package and multifunction and auto air(I am forever turning my current air off/on).Leather is nice but too slippery in those hard corners :). Thinking of not going with sport package, as I'm not sure I want 17" wheels, so may just go with xenon and foglamps instead.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm thinking about going with cruise and the sunroof, so I might as well get the premium package. I live in Ohio so it would make sense for me to get the cold weather package also. I'm not crazy about the Sport package. I don't like Xenon headlights - I don't like them coming at me and the cars I've driven I haven't liked the cone of vision being so low to the ground especially at night. Even though the lights are bright it's still hard to see. (Where I live we have lots of deer and it's really important to be able to see far ahead). I am not crazy about foglights either. I love the bonnet stripes but the thought of them getting chipped and being hard to touch up scares me so I'm going without.

As far as the interior, I am totally in love with the idea of the seats being two tone. Leatherette or leather is of no importance to me, whichever one gets me the blue and dark gray combo. I am wondering what the wood trim looks like only because at NAIAS I didn't like the look of the faux brushed aluminum. (It looked cheap and crappy and unless you see it in person you can't get a good idea from any pictures I've seen). At best, I liked the look of the Cooper's plastic parts much, much better.

It'll be months and months until I get one anyway so I'll probably change my mind about all this when the time comes.

minimott

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cooper S options

I plan on keeping my S fairly simple. I am much more interested in performance, than luxury.

Premium pack, (No thank you, fru-fru).
Cold weather, (It doesn't get cold in Florida).
Sport pack, (Still undecided), DSC (not needed), Strips (have to see), Xenon (not a priority), Fog lights (not interested, but what will be in the place they aren't).
Multi-function wheel, (undecided).
Rain sensing wipers, (paaleese!!!!!!).
Dimming mirror, (paaleese!!!!!!!!).
Auto A/C, (undecided).
Nav System, (get real!!!).
HK sound system, (not really interested, I want the car to supply sound system).
Leather upholstery, (they must be kidding).
Metalic paint, (I will have to see them first).

I still haven't seen a cooper or S, so I cant finalize a lot of options.

My color preferences are Indie/Wht, Black/Wht, and DS/Wht.

94SwiftGT

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Cooper S options

94SwiftGT said:
.....Fog lights (not interested, but what will be in the place they aren't)....
No fog lights means holes in the front bumper. But they won't be empty - you can see pair of nice bolts helping to hold the car together. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm thinking keeping simple too.

Red S, White top, not sure about white wheels. Might be get too dirty?

Hood stripes look good, but I don't want to misrepresent my driving skills. (Average)

DSC LIKELY
Fog lamps YES
Xenon Headlamps LIKELY (Don't need the spayers though)
Multifunction wheel with cruise YES
Automatic Air LIKELY
Leather MAYBE
Cold weather package MAYBE
17" wheels DOUBTFUL
HK stereo, Sunroof, parking distance control, metalic paint, nav, NO

#15 on list (list if for S and Coopers, hopefully everyone ahead of me wants a regular cooper.)

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
An_S_4_Me said:
The bolt looks like a light :D
The bolt looks like a bolt, a light looks like a light, but dude looks like a lady.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have decided on all 3 packages. Could not stand the nav system in any shape. Part of me is thinking down the road and that more may be better. Another part is working on the pre spec part of this. I am up on the lists and have had the dealer contact me twice about how to outfit the car. Now whether I am ordering to my specs or being matched to a to-be-built car (same thing?), I figure MINI would like to show off the options/packages available. So put the packages on, keep the rest simple. We wait and see

Mike:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
From what I'¨ve seen around here - I can only add one thing... If you want to spec your car to the limit.. expect that it will take some time before you'll receive it... as it seems to me that they [Mini] are taking their time and then some to introduce the various bit's... ;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
An_S_4_Me said:
The bolt looks like a light :D
yes, that light looks like a bolt, I mean a light...so has it been agreed that the bolts a light, or the lights a bolt...... ????? I know that little black thing is a cover for the tow hitch!!!........maybe thats a bolt too....or perhaps it's another light !!

hic!! burp !!

:confused:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well I am going for the fog lights anyway, mainly because I want a full row of toggle switches. I dont like blanks!

As for any other options all I am having is:

TLC - Too much of a bargain to miss
17" S Spokes - Look Wicked!
OBC - Gotta Have
1/2 Leather - This looks great IMO

Plus I am skint so I can't afford anything else :(

Aftermarket CD Player at some point

Andy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts