MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few days off before payday next week so im setting out some plans for future mods:

1. Paint brakes red to match cooper s logo
2. Induction kit
3. Replace roof decal and Bonnet stripes

1. What sort of paint would I need?
2. Looking at the Alta CAI but is it availible in the UK? if the answer is no what is the best alternative?
3.Had a quote from Minipirate.com,to remove the old and replace new decals would be as:
Bonnet Stripes £45.00
Roof decal £155.00
Total £200

This includes all new material, removal of all old vinyl and clean up bodywork and fitting new vinyl at our workshop in Leicestershire.

Seems good to me, but wanted to check is this a good price?

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
1. You'll need brake caliper paint - available from any motor retailer (Halfords etc)
2. For Alta stuff, try Lohen - click the directory link above, they're in there.
3. That's a bargain for Phils (MiniPirates) quality of workmanship, bite his hand off :p

Hope that helps...

Jon

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTT EXHAUST RE-ROUTE PIPE: is this any good?

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
2. I use the JCM Version of the JCW CAI with an ITG Filter here is my experience. You can get the both CAI and JCW injectors for around £350 i believe. I paid £199 for my CAI :)

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
I've got the same as Batou but I modified the standard Works airbox to make it into a Motorsport one and I would highly recommend it with an ITG filter.

that and a milltek exhaust I got 181bhp and 163 ft lbs of torque on a very hot day. They reckoned that the Mini would be 185BHP if they could of got the intercooler cooled down enough.

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
I've got the same as Batou but I modified the standard Works airbox to make it into a Motorsport one and I would highly recommend it with an ITG filter.
I did the same, sorry should have clarified. You can very eaisly turn a normal JCW airbox into the motorsport one by taking out all of the electronic, vacuum gubbins, flap and bungs :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts