MINI Cooper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right its all been in the news about the pending ridiculous car tax rises that will hit us cooper s drivers pretty hard so I've been thinking, which is never a clever thing lol. Now just because my car was made after 2000 or whatever it is were all facing a rise taking the premium up to £300 a year!!!!

So I've been thinking I could go and chop my Mini in for say a Honda S2000 (not something I would particularly want to do) and pump out more CO2 (this CO2 crap from cars is BS as far as the UK is concerned anyway we're tiny compared to the USA, China and India) into the air and pay £100 less tax a year!!!

Labor, bunch of idiot communist bleeps, right now my rant is over and I'm off to buy a ton of coal to burn in my garden for fun which does produce huge amounts of CO2.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
First of all, tone down the language, it's not appreciated (and has been edited) ;)

Changing your car to save £100 a year on road tax is never going to work.... how much is it going to cost you to change in the first place? :(

Unfortunately, its a case of like it and lump it......... ;) ...and don't vote labour :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol ops....sorry

Yeah I know but its the principle I probably wont change my Mini as I love it but its the point that winds me up. Also I use public transport all week long and only use the car at weekends apart from christmas when I drive into work, which actually worked out cheaper than buying a train ticket!!!

I know this is a pointless moan over £100 but I just need a moan lol. Problem is if we just lump it and keep paying it before anyone knows it'll be a grand for road tax on a Mini lol.

Don't worry I wont vote for the communists, no one round here has for years ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the S2000 was in the same tax band as the S? :confused:
It is now but won't be after 2009, but a pre 2001 car will cost you 185 for tax.

<2001 S2000

2008 185
2009 185
2010 200

2001 to 2006 S2000

2008 210
2009 300
2010 430

MCS 02 to 06

2008 210
2009 300
2010 310

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
but comparing cars on age a S2000 will climb to £430 whereas an MCS will only be £310.

Is it worth chopping your MCS to buy an older Honda to save £110 a year? If you really have to question that in your head, i think you're on the wrong forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again I've already said I wouldn't sell my Mini!!!!!! Just raising a point which you can chose to either understand or just keep raising invalid points about.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
So what is the actual point of this thread then? You highlight rising cost in RFL (road fund licence) by comparing it to an S2000, which age by age is more expensive to tax. But if you buy a pre-2001 model becomes cheaper - but when i raise this point you accsue me of raising an invalid point.

Pointless thread, closing it now. If you want to pursue this, PM me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.