MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went down to see my local Mini dealer - he said all the S models are all allocated for the 2002 year (!) - sold out across the board. If you have your name on the list - good luck. I have no idea how they can allocate this data, but I have been talking to this guy for some time, so I do not think he is bs'ing me here

Of course take this with a grain of salt - but it does not look good for anyone who is thinking of grabbing an S who is not on a list.

Check with your dealer to see if this matches up - there are a bunch of them heading to SF next week for a huge Mini traning class. Sounds fun.

-Peter/Atlanta

·
Registered
16 Posts
Old news. I put down a deposit on an 'S' six months ago and didn't even make the 2003 model year. It also depends where you are: I know there are buyers who can put a deposit down today and be higher on their local dealer's list than I am on mine. :rolleyes:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Exbat said:
Old news. I put down a deposit on an 'S' six months ago and didn't even make the 2003 model year. It also depends where you are: I know there are buyers who can put a deposit down today and be higher on their local dealer's list than I am on mine. :rolleyes:
And at least one dealership is considering kicking customers off its waiting list:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4547

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'm not surprised.

My dealer's salespeople are heading out there tomorrow as there are a couple "waves" of training over the next week or two.

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
UK...

At Scotthall Leeds, they told me that if I wanted an S I would have to wait till November, so I opted for the Cooper instead, couldn't be bothered to wait :)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
cant wait to see how much the first Cooper S will be changing hands for :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Very sad to hear this but Im #26 on the list BUT I might be going thru a divorce, if any one wants my bid I am willing to help and wait for later order:( I have put down a deposit of $500 and whomever wants my bid has to match the price plus another $500, sorry amigos this is business:confused: contact me @ [email protected] and put reference to MINI DEPOSIT and Ill open ur email;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts