MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at all the different specs and prizes quoted for the MINI COOPER S, I was just wondering if we could get one thread to put it all together. Therefore I request all of you out there to help me with the following:
Please state the standard spec of the Cooper S in your country (i.e. Suspension Plus, Sport Seats, Cloth/leather, Alarm, WAVE radio, 16" X-spoke alloys, etc.). Also include the price (including and/or excluding tax) of that standard spec. Please also state the country you are giving the spec for.
Reason I ask is that there is a lot of discussion going on in Holland regarding the price vs. the spec. The dealers claim that our spec will be better then others in Europe (see below) but our price is higher as well. Partly this is due to taxes in Holland being high, so (or at least they claim) prices excluding tax are kept low here. I'm not so sure this is true for the S, given all the information quoted here on Mini2. To confront my dealer with this, your help / information is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Mutts.

Here is an example:

Holland:
Price (including tax): 27.200 EUR
Price (excluding tax): unknown

Standard Spec:
Sport Seats
Sport Suspension Plus
Cloth/Leather interior (not 100% sure)
Manual Airco
Tacho on Steering column
Board Computer
ASC+T
Fog lights
16" X-spoke WHITE alloys

Not included:
Radio WAVE
Alarm
Additional Airbags

I think that's about it, did I miss anything OnlyS4me?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
The full Australian spec should be available VERY shortly. Price is fixed, and a basic minimum specification we/you already know about.

I'm sure either myself, or one of the other members in oz will forward details to you as as soon as we get them.

Better fight it out between yourselves and let us know whether MUTTS or Paul or MINIAC get's it. (The oz spec that is)

Maybe to be fair we'll throw it to the wind......

:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basil said:
The full Australian spec should be available VERY shortly. Price is fixed, and a basic minimum specification we/you already know about.

Doesn't anybody find it extremely weird, to say the least, that the base price is already fixed, but no one at BMW can tell us what we get for that...???
:confused:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Mutts said:

Doesn't anybody find it extremely weird, to say the least, that the base price is already fixed, but no one at BMW can tell us what we get for that...???
:confused:
We know what we get mutts, but it's a minimum spec to get our $1000 deposits.

Six Airbags
16" Alloys W/- Run flats & Compressor
Cloth/Leather Sports Seats
Central Tacho / Column mounted speedo
Air-conditioning
ABS
Traction Control
SS+
Front Foglights
Air conditioned glovebox
On board Computer
Car/key memory

It's the options & their prices we don't know about yet and whether we may get CC air as standard.

More news soon............ (don't hold your breath though)

:D

oops......should have said. All for $39,990AU + options and on road costs. A base Cooper S drives away for $42,958.00AU

BMW Australia charge a wooping $1,650AU for Delivery
Stamp duty on RRP = $800 AU
Registration is $518AU

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Basil,

this is exactly what I mean.
Here no one has heard of the glovebox yet... so I just wonder why the US and Australia get one and we are out of the loop (can't even get it as an option...)

I forgot the extra costs:
Delivery: 485 EUR
Environmental costs: 45 EUR (in Dutch: verwijderingsbijdrage)

All these are for the ONE and COOPER, I haven't seen any official price slide for the S, but I assume they are all equal...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Mutts,
this is the standard spec. in Germany:

Sport Seats
Sport Suspension Plus (optional without add. fee)
Cloth interior "satelite"
ASC+T
16" X-spoke alloys
4 Airbags

Price including tax 19.800€

Markus

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
MINIAC said:
See updated comparison of 'S' specs and pricing further down in thread.
Just a little update having seen what you have started above MINIAC. Oz cars will also have the following as standard:

5-star 16" Alloys
Front Fog lights
Leather Steering wheel
Alloy Patina dash
Boost CD (only 4 speakers we think)
On Board Computer
Head Air bags

cheers

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Miniac - Your table of options is great:)

On the Aus list, everything you have as a "?" can be replaced with an "O", with the following exceptions:

Seats
- Ht adj (driver) S
- Ht adj (passenger) ?
- Heated ?
- Leatherette ?
- Cloth ?

SW and Trim
- Wood ?

Aircon Manual S

Rain-sensing wipers ?
Auto-dimming mirror ?
Heated windshield ?
Heated washer jets
+ wing mirrors ?

Stowage Pack S

Roof decal (not listed) is an "O".
You may want to put warranty terms in there somewhere too...
Aus is 2 yr unlimited + 2 yr Roadside

To the best of my knowledge that's the current score, as advised by dealer in lieu of official final spec

Goodonya!:cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MINIAC,

THANK YOUOUOUOUOU :D :D :D
This is great, if you don't mind, I would like to edit your post with all the specs to update some of the ? in the Dutch colomn.

Thanks everybody, you are a great help. I wouldn't know what to do without the internet...

:cool: :p

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Yes Mutt's, your right. It's an incredibly simple way of getting the specs across the world, and saves you and MINIAC and Paul a considerable amount of initial leg work.....

Well done.

:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
See update for UK further down in thread.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sorry, should have said something about pricing:

GB base Cooper S (ASC, 16" wheels, alarm, radio WAVE, cloth seats)
23,500 euros on the road (£14,500)

Can I move to America please? I'll settle for Australia if I have to. Both are getting more car for about the same amount of money :mad:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Told my dealer to put the pressure on BMW Australia for full specs and prices which we were told would be available at the end of January, which is fast approaching.

That table is excellent MINIAC, well done.

·
Registered
299 Posts
hey amigos, here in th USA go to MINI USA.com my "S" will go for $22,900 with both Premium and sport pkg and the stereo sytm included. good luck with ur vehicles:p

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Mini Chopo "S" said:
hey amigos, here in th USA go to MINI USA.com my "S" will go for $22,900 with both Premium and sport pkg and the stereo sytm included. good luck with ur vehicles:p
You lucky B*****d's...... thats about $44,900AU.

Good grief. Thats just a tiny bit more than a bog standard oz spec S on the road......

You guys have got yourselves a bargain......

:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts