MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been quoted £155 for a painted but not fitted Cooper S spoiler direct from Mini.

How does this sound?

And how easy is it to fit?
My local BMW garage wanted £280 parts and fitting!!!

Cheers

Bryce.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Any idea how the "S" spoiler fits! Does it just replace the Cooper one or does it have to be glued like the Aero one?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a spoiler just now...

im guessing it'll glue on.

and i was gonna get the aero spoiler but in the latest mini parts brochure u can buy, what looks like, the cooper s spoiler

·
XYZ
271 Posts
I heard the Cooper S has to be physically attached using conventional brackets or screws as the surface area in contact with the car is too small to be glued on unlike the Aero kit spoiler.

:bone: Pat :bone:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

May I ask if anyone knows how the Cooper Chili spoiler is attached?

Will phone dealer tommorow and see how much the std black Cooper S spoiler is.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The Cooper S spoiler is bolted on to the bootlid as is the spoiler from the One/Cooper Pepper/Chili pack. But they attach to the top of the lid at different locations and as a result of this the One/Cooper has a different bootlid to the Cooper S.

If you don't already have a spoiler attached I guess it won't be so hard, the S spoiler will just be bolted in place. But if you have a spoiler already then I'm guessing they'll have to fill the holes left from the previous spoiler and drill new ones!!!! :eek:

Richard.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ATM i hjave no spoiler fitted, what would be the easiest to fit? aero spoiler or coop S spoiler?

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
Hi Bryce :cool:

thank goodness your getting another MINI :p ,

go for the Aero Spoiler, IMO looks much better ;) and you can fit it yourself :)

Jp

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
I always thought the S spoiler was glued along with the aero and the cooper spoiler bolted:confused:

bryce if the S is bolted then the aero is defo easier to fit;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
RedUn
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing