MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone has any issues with their exhaust on the new cooper s sport? Mine went back to the dealer with a loud popping noise on startup and apparently had a remanufactured oil filter fitted in the left hand side. Since then it’s made the same noise on and off but not on every start up. It also makes a repetitive cracking and popping noise afternoon I shut the engine off for up to 5 minutes which I never noticed before.

Now the dealer are saying these are normal noises from a high performance car cooling down. Feel like I’m being fobbed off tbh

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
are you sure its the exhaust and not the timing chin stretched and effecting the overlap in a way that it will pop and bang more and more, just because its a gen 3 car it dont rule it out as same chain through all gens or car, just longer tensioner from 2010 ish

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does sound like it’s coming from behind me when I’m in the car but I’d not rule anything - it’s not 5 months old and it’s been back at the dealers for 50 days in total with various issues. Thanks for the tip and I’ll be sure to ask them to check this out. Contacting MINI UK again now. #fridaycar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts