MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2011 Cooper S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Cooper S tries to start and then dies, the scans point to a fuel supply issue , Bimmerlink reports fuel rail pressure on cranking at 17 psi, low pressure at 72 psi but it is constant at that even when there was no starting problem. it also listed a error code of 2C0F with a description of 0x2C0F fuel pump relay, control:short circuit to earth.
Any advice on location and checking of this relay and the other faults would be appreciate.

Thanks

Mel.

· Registered
351 Posts
Believe the fuel pump relay is in the fuse/relay box in the engine compartment. The owners manual should provide the location of the fuse/relay box. (And often the lid has a diagram of which fuse/relay is for which circuit). If you don't have an owners manual you may be able to get a digital copy online.

Or you can search (google) the info.

I used this search string "2011 mini cooper s fuel pump relay location" (without the quotes) and got some hits. Oh, I'm in the US so the links are US. Would have to believe there is no difference between the fuse/relay box in a UK version of the car vs. a US version but best for you to search and get UK links just in case.

A DIY "trick" is to swap the suspected bad relay with a similar and believed good relay. When swapping/replacing relays (and fuses) be mindful of static electricity.

· Registered
2011 Cooper S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks I will check it out. I also understand that there is a fuel pump relay soldered to the JBE box in the right hand side footwell, so I will check for power at the tank pump first and go back from there. 👍

· Registered
13,569 Posts
if it will start after trying loads of time then will run ok for the day then repeat the next day then seals in high pressure fuel pump, guy on link below he refurbs them just say mike 1967 sent you from forum ,

· Registered
2011 Cooper S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the white/blue wire broken in the connector which is too short to repair, does anyone know what type of pin connectors they are so that I can remake the connection. It looks like the damage was previous to my ownership.

Thanks

Mel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts