MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been successful in getting a tow bar fitted in the NYC area?

I am looking into getting a small sailboat, but it won't be much use unless I can get a towbar fitted to my JCW S.

I've gone through everything I can find here by searching, but the answer seems unclear.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I didn't see anything on the minifini site, I could give them a call to see if they can recommend anything.

I also think I have my terminology wrong, what I am looking for is a Tow Hitch to be installed on my Cooper S.

I want to tow a small sailboat.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks for the lead, just called MiniFini, and they are working on something, so if things go well, they will have a solution (someday), but this seems like the best hope so far.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Trailer hitch / tow hitch

There is a guy in New York State that makes the hitch Mini Mania used to sell. Last I heard he was getting $600 for a stainless steel hitch. A freind of mine has the older poweder coated version and is happy with it.

I have his address, but since he does not post it anywhere, niether do I.

Mini fini removed their hitch from their site the same day it was posted.

There are alternate solutions. Check this out

http://user.mc.net/~jdewey/MINI/Trailer_hitch/

See my Profile photo for a quick look.

John

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information guys, just got off the phone again with MiniFini, and they are very close to bringing out a product based on their sports-link system.

They said they would have a better idea of timeline etc. in a week or so. I plan to call them back then to get the latest news.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.