MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am right yes,I am the one driving it and I know it's fine.If you don't want to remap then don't.But it's no good saying on and on that remapping will damage any and all engines.You have no idea about my car or engine,you do not know what you are talking about.com

·
Registered
995 Posts
If the car is standard with no major upgrade mods then a canned tune will have no problems as they'll have tested the tune many times on base cars on a dyno.

Companies like Superchips, Celtic tuning etc... are good at what they do and for the price.

Dyno tuning is best if major upgrade mods for bespoke system.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
I am right yes,I am the one driving it and I know it's fine.If you don't want to remap then don't.But it's no good saying on and on that remapping will damage any and all engines.You have no idea about my car or engine,you do not know what you are talking about.com
maybe if you read what wrote,, ie its a known weakness with all n47 diesel engines timing chains its not a made up thing whether mapped or not makes not much difference only thing that does is how hard and long rev'd hard,, by a bhp map pushing the power to top end do wear them faster if driven like it, fact torque is where a diesel should set,,
other facts all no rolling road live maps are made from a one off rolling road on a similar engine ,, trouble with generic maps they are just that all fuelling were recovered and timing and air intake even temps and air pressure etc on one day on one car that might of done 50.000 miles or 5000 miles something you would not be sure of,, so a map relies on all 02 sensors being the same and mas air flow being the same and air temps being the same as your car on that day to get best results,,, hence why my pint you totally missed was live map rolling road time is always best kind of map to have as its for that one car with any of its differences in fuel and air and timing etc,, as for mapping hurting a engine no its the stupidity of some drivers who dont know what they are doing with a mapped car,, ie all increased heat and every revs more revs more wear not me just making that up its basic understanding,, below links worth reading maybe you will understand a little better,,, not a if its a when they all do, nice to be in front of something before it happens ,, was not picking your car or your post apart, but maybe everyone else who have suffered the n47 and its £4k gift when the chain slips might feel its nice thing that someone gave them the heads up before and they replaced the chain before it went and destroyed the engine,, thats all have to say now goodluck

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
You are like a bus driver saying don't take the bus.....
i'm totally up for remaps i got a cooper s at moment just done goes like hell, i also know that the longer i rev the thing at top end where all the fun is it will at some point let go, hence why mapped to mid range on a rolling road for best results is better than generic map ie one mapped used on thousands of cars as a mid range one map fits all,,

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
If the car is standard with no major upgrade mods then a canned tune will have no problems as they'll have tested the tune many times on base cars on a dyno.

Companies like Superchips, Celtic tuning etc... are good at what they do and for the price.

Dyno tuning is best if major upgrade mods for bespoke system.
trouble is generic maps were produced on a day with one car how worn was that car what was the ambient temps and air pressure, also all the wear on sensors or dirty sensor injectors fuel used etc etc, also as it a fit all cars map that map would be trimmed with more tolerance to other cars being though miles maybe,, its until you drive a generic map car and rolling road set car that you honestly feel the difference and all maps are not equal

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
or course reving any engine harder wears it faster that's just basic common sense in the real world of course. i've lost count the amount of n47 diesels i have seen and worked on and all had same issues so might know a little bit about them ie i've owned one form new and that went same way, adding power to a worn timing chain as all of them go will be entertainment for sure , thats me done with this now

41 - 47 of 47 Posts