MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I poped down to my dealer last thursday to ask a few questions about returning my current Mini One (which i love but is riddled with faults!) and i ended purchasing a brand new Cooper!

They had one left for September the 16th delivery so i snapped there hands off straight away. However i even though i have been specin' pretend coopers for the last 12 months i kind of rushed through the process and initially ordered the following: -

• Mini Cooper CR/W
  • Chilli Pack with 16" Fin Alloys (White)
  • Cloth/Leather red/blk with black carpets etc
  • Manual Air conditioning
  • Radio Boost
  • Single CD Player
  • SS+
  • White Bonnet Stripes (Factory fitted)
I have already changed the spec twice in the last week. I added the following things: -

• Birlliant Silver Trim (which i forgot to ask for)
  • ASC+T
  • MFSW
  • Heated Mirros and Jets
I have 2 job interviews this week and should i get either of them i will be adding more to the list: -

• 17" S Spokes (Which i have on my current Mini One and love)
  • Xenon Headlights
  • Chrome line interior
  • Chrono Cockpit Pack
Does the Chrono Cockpit pack not include Chrome Line Exterior? Are these items worth it? Also i am not sure if i like the Brilliant Silver Trim now that i have seen a few pics of them on these very useful forums, what other trims would go well with my interior. I have a dark coloured one on my current mini but i dont know what it is but i want something a little classier.

Are there any other must have items? What about the HK stereo kit? I am thinking of getting the chequered roof and mirror caps too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As far as I know the Chrono and Chrome line interior are not bundled together. I've got the Chrome line interior and it is great, particularly with the anthracite dash, looks very classy..can highly recommend the MFSW, would advise get the visibilty pack over the heated washers/mirrors though. Personally I don't like the Chrono Pack, makes the car less "MINI" if you ask me.Nice spec though..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do a search for the anthracite to see what it looks like. What is included in the visibility pack?

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
Good spec, MFSW is a must-have.

Personally I would go for alloy patina dash with the chrome line - if you haven't seen it in the flesh go and have a look, its std on MCS - pics don't do it justice. A bit more unusual, less plasticky and only £30 more than silver. I think anthracite makes the interior look too dark. Red door trims for the same reason though it seems they are to very few people's taste! :confused: (my suggestions are sounding rather familiar :D)

Thought - if you are trading in your One and the wheels are in good nick could you swap them rather than pay the extra?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wuxley said:
I will do a search for the anthracite to see what it looks like. What is included in the visibility pack?
Rain Sensing Wipers, Heated Windscreen, AutoDipping rear view mirror. All work great, was £200 I think.. :)

·
Dark Silver/White
75 Posts
I just picked up my cooper cabriolet on Saturday and also had the chrono pack and chrome interior specced. Personally, I am so glad i chose the anthracite interior as i think it shows the chrome off wonderfully, but at the end of the day its down to personal preference. I know that there are wuite a lot of people who don't like the chrono pack in the slightest. I do agree with everyone else and think the MFSW is great, but for me I'd used up my budget and that had to go. Anywau, heres a pic of my interior so you can see how the chrome looks agains the anthracite, but at the end of the day, I'm sure whatever you choose will look fab :D

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not sure about the visibility pack i dont think i would miss them items if i dint have them. I have looked at some pics of the alloy pantina and it does look like exactly what i am wanting. I think i must have got mixed up with that and the brilliant silver. I am going to go down to the dealer today i think i change some items such as the interior trim, add the xenons and S spokes (the ones on my Mini One are quite scuffed thanks to my girl friend and i want them in white also). I think i will actually go and sit in a few cars as i only sat in the one coooper display model in the show room and didnt get a good feel for some of the options i have ordered.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right went down to the dealer earlier and finalised my specification. I asked him to show my a couple of Minis with some of the options that i had asked for just to mkae sure i liked them. So here is my final spec: -

• Mini Cooper Chilli Red
  • Cloth/Leather Octagon Red/Blk
  • Roof and Mirror Caps in White
  • White Wheels
  • Single CD Player
  • Radio Boost
  • Manual Air Conditioning
  • Sports Suspension Plus
  • White bonnet stripes (Factory Fitted)
  • Chilli Pack
  • MFSW
  • Heated Mirrors and Washer Jets
  • ASC+T
  • 17" S-Spoke Alloy Wheels
  • Xenon Headlights and Wash
  • Chrome Line Interior
  • Interior Trim - Alloy Patina
This came to the grand total of £15540!

I cant beleive i spent more than the cost of a Cooper S but they cost to much to run anyway!

Now i just have ot hold on until i pick it up on the 11th of October. Whats worse is that the dealer said i could pick it up from September 16th but i specifically asked them to hold it back until my 21st birthday on the 11th! I must have lost my mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Wuxley
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing