MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having dreadfull trouble driving below 90mph.

I can't help feeling that the suspension and steering are to blame. Even on tight bends on nasty little B roads, the suspension and steering setup are failing to give me any reason to slow down.

I suspect that the only suitable fix to this problem is to ensure that there are more Hondas on the road. This should cause at least an eight car tailback moving at below 50mph on most roads.

This car may trun out to be the death of me.:(

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
I know what you mean! On the way to work, the powers that be in road traffic management have installed a tight chicane in a strait bit of road to slow the traffic. I keep hanging back from the car in front to give me a clear shot at it! Does this car handle!!
I keep grinning when I get to work in the mornings now!! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same here :)

There is one of those pointless mini roundabout bumps on my way to work which everyone just drives over, I leave it as late as possible before stering round it and chaning direction faster than onlookers thought possible. :)

On a similar note, I had a One as a courtesy car for the last two days and the suspension really is soooo different on the Cooper Chili, but strangely enough, the One sounded nicer? :confused:

Cheers all

·
Registered
164 Posts
Major Clanger said:
I am having dreadfull trouble driving below 90mph.

I can't help feeling that the suspension and steering are to blame. Even on tight bends on nasty little B roads, the suspension and steering setup are failing to give me any reason to slow down.

I suspect that the only suitable fix to this problem is to ensure that there are more Hondas on the road. This should cause at least an eight car tailback moving at below 50mph on most roads.

This car may trun out to be the death of me.:(
Yes I had this problem during a test drive this week. There I was in an auto cooper when the sales man nugged the lever into Sport Drive and all of a sudden I was accelerating past 65 in a 40 zone! :D :D :D

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Damn you all! I can't take anymore of this posititve stuff!
I'm getting depressed.
I'd melt down my two big Detroit 8 cylinder engines and my one supercharged 6 cylinder engine right now and give my left nut to be in the stupid grin club!
How much longer do we have to wait!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts