MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new MCS on Friday and traded in my cooper.
Just to let everyone know if their thinking about or about to get an S and have a cooper at the moment you will not be disapointed. My old cooper was a 51 and I have to admit the new one seems to be built better (this has nothing to do with it being an S).
Although I can't put my finger on it the car just feels diffrent ,the leather used on the seats and stearing wheel is new and seems better quality, having a glove box and cubby holes is fantastic, i'am already getting better miles to the gallon, oh and its incredibly fast.
The car has no stutters on pickup and the acceleration in 4th and 5th is amazing and don't even get me started on that whine from the supercharger.
Just one more thing, the anthracite headling and chrome line interior looks amazing

The wait is well and truly worth it.

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
been there and done it :D and got the t shirt ;)

top review,i couldn't put it better myself :cool:
regards
aston

·
Registered
254 Posts
ESKIMO DANCE said:
lovely stuff mate - im going to a COOPER to a MCS :D
Same here ESKIMO, we are both picking ours up on the 1st right??
Not long now mate, only 4 weeks, and if it goes as quick as it has been lately, it will be here in no time!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good revivew,

I'm doing the same myself (upgrading from MC to MCS) as I had to cancel my MCS Convertible order because my wife is expecting a baby.

Can't wait to get my hands on the new car, problem is it's not due for delivery until December.

What colour did you go for?

·
GEEEEEEEEK
9,069 Posts
Couldn't of worded it better if i tried

went exactly the same way my self

cooper to an S wot a difference

has my 05 MCS two weeks now and yep the fuel economy is better

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Shockwave_Factory said:
Same here ESKIMO, we are both picking ours up on the 1st right??
Not long now mate, only 4 weeks, and if it goes as quick as it has been lately, it will be here in no time!! :D :D :D
yeah mate! just sorting out my 54 plate next few days and have the plates made up :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for not posting pic's yet, the staffs on holiday so I've not had much time off.
What's even worse is I've had hardly any time to drive it never mind take pictures of it,
although thats probably down to the g/f whose had me building a blooming shed.

·
That's a Gamble
110 Posts
Great

You've hit a spot, my coopers gone and I am waiting until Nov for my "S" I haven't even test driven one and won't be doing. So I can get the full hit (after 1250 miles of course)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
paa said:
You've hit a spot, my coopers gone and I am waiting until Nov for my "S" I haven't even test driven one and won't be doing. So I can get the full hit (after 1250 miles of course)
haha i aint test driven the MCS either :D

·
GEEEEEEEEK
9,069 Posts
paa said:
best take some kleenex with you too clean up the mess

cant stop driving mine loving it

:D :D :D :D

·
Works G'n'T
118 Posts
I'm in the same situation, having changed from an 01 MC to a new MCS last week.
Felt rather guilty trading in the Cooper because it was such a great car, but the S
is awesome! Here's my spec:

Hyper Blue/White
Bonnet stripes
Chrome line exterior and interior
Body colour interior trim
Blue/black cloth/leather
Chilli pack (excluding 17" wheels)
CD changer

I've now had the MCS for a week and have done nearly 400 miles, so here's what I like
about it:

- the soundtrack. The supercharger whine as you accelerate up through the gears, and
rumbling, burbling exhaust on the overrun. It sounds so good I haven't even tried the CD
changer yet ...
- the power. Even restricted to 4000 rpm while running in, it pulls like a train in all
gears including sixth.
- the new headlights. I wasn't sure about the xenons when I first saw pictures, but they
look great on the car.
- the colour. Hyper Blue looks fantastic. Definitely pleased I changed my order from EB/W.

Although there are a few things which aren't as good as the Cooper:
- the softer Sports Suspension Plus. Compared to the excellent SS+ on the MC, it feels
rather soggy. Still plenty of grip, but you don't get the same feel as to what the car is
doing. An upgrade to the JCW suspension may be in order.
- the leather steering wheel and gear knob feel cheap and plasticky compared to those on
the MC.
- the reading light pod where the clock used to be. Why did they change it?
- the door mechanism, which seems to want to fling the door open wide once it's opened more than 6 inches. This could result in a lot of paintwork damage if people aren't careful!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
NeilAndHisMini said:
- the door mechanism, which seems to want to fling the door open wide once it's opened more than 6 inches. This could result in a lot of paintwork damage if people aren't careful!
You'll find this eases with time. When I changed from my 52 plate Cooper to my 53 plate Cooper I noticed exactly the same.

Me? I'll be in the S club by spring next year all being well. Waiting for some road accident compensation cash from last October (a big VW van rear ended me in a brand new ONE D) before I order the S.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
15 Participants
StevePSB
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing