MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st) Not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if there are any companies out there who Tune the Cooper D?

2nd) is it possible to get a sports exhaust on the diesel? (your all probably laughing histerically right now at this question...) :D

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
There are a few tuners. One is site sponsor performance torque.
Hartge will tune the cooper D as will superchips. None of the other usual suspects, Lohen, GTT, GRS GGR, 1360 advertise a package for the cooper/clubman d.
Results all seem to be fairly similar but performace torque seem to be cheapest, most experienced and well reviewed and seem to give a good service including dyno runs in the basic price.
They would get my money (but have not so far-my car has only done 300miles!)

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Lohen have a Clubman D, so it might be an idea to throw them an email to see if they offer anything for the Cooper D. Performance Torque, as mentioned above, offer a remap for the Cooper D. If you search I'm sure you'll find a few posts by people who have had their Cooper D's mapped by Will.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a look at Performance Torques site and didn't see anything mentioning the Cooper D, only the 'S'.

Hartge and Superchips had the 'D' listed and both showed the difference between their product and the standard D both bhp and torque wise, superchips also had the price listed for the job, but Hartge didn't.

Will go and have alook at Lohens site and see what info they have.

Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've investigated this route recently and got the following info :

Lohen - They have a chip (Unichip) on their Clubman D but don't actually market it yet. Hopefully they will do so soon.

Performance Torque - 22bhp/50nm gain for £345.00. This includes before/after dyno's. This is a specific map and i've only heard good things so far. Contact Will via the website and he can book you in.

I really wanted something I could change back myself as mines a company lease car. Been considering this BHP Plus or DTS.

Can't find anybody who's tried a tuning box yet which is making me a little unsure. I've just sent DTS an email to see if they have had any experience with the Dooper, so we'll see what comes back.

OBee

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
Hartge's kit is about 850 euros from memory
Performance Torque offer a MINI2 discount

Saw a link to evolution tuning they do a serice for £395 from MINI2 -not sure if they are a sponsor or just a Google advertiser (I would be abit peed off if I was a MINI2 sponsor and competing products were given equal or greater prominence because they are syndicated through google ads)

Superchips is around £395

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just had an update from DTS, they have tuned 2 Dooper's so far this year but have tuned the PSA engines many times over the past few years without any reports of problems. I'm mightily tempted to go with DTS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts