Cornish Oggy Run. Pics and after run banter

39K views 1K replies 37 participants last post by  sel 
#1 · (Edited)
Important Update

All OGGYed out :D.

1. Wylie_eyed(lunch confirmed)
2. Laptop(lunch confirmed)
3. Emz(lunch confirmed)
4. Jeff(MINI Cornwall Member)(lunch confirmed)
5. Max & DCFKAN(lunch confirmed)
6. Shedend(lunch confirmed)
7. Laur(lunch confirmed)
8. Hurrens(lunch confirmed)
9. Tigger, eeyore, & roo(lunch confirmed)
10. MINI Poser(lunch confirmed!)
11. Pam & Pat & Karina(lunch confirmed)
12. cooper_sport(lunch confirmed)
13. Stacey(MINI Cornwall member)(lunch confirmed)
14. Beastmaster & Peanut(lunch confirmed)
15. Lawrothegreat(til lunch)
16. Tinkerbell(lunch confirmed)
17. We One(evening only)
18. Trebor(lunch confirmed)
19. MINIWAYNE(lunch confirmed)

20. Twiggy(Leigh)
21. Twiggy(Gemma)
22. Kathryn's parents(new MINI Cornwall member)(lunch confirmed)
23. Sharon(MINI Cornwall Member)(lunch confirmed)
24. Stacey(MINI Cornwall Member)(lunch confirmed)
25. Bishjnr(lunch confirmed)

26. Em & Andy(lunch confirmed)
27. Roy R(MINI Cornwall Member)(lunch confirmed)
28. Darren (all the way from glastonbury)(lunch confirmed)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Wylie, I would be up for this and im sure other SCNM club members would too!

There was going to be a cornwall weekender this year but if fell through as the member running it went AWOL on here.

my thoughts for the time of year, would be when it warms up. early summer, no bank holidays as Cornwall tends to be grid locked on those weekends :(

Re accomodation: a location that has hotel and campsite for those that cant and can camp.

I have a preference for a family friendly campsite with a pub preferably onsite or near to the site :D , must be in the near vicinity of a cafe that serves clotted cream scones all day ;) if its near the beach then it would please the kids and i can do the MINI run bit...;)

making it a long weekend i.e. friday night until sunday afternoon.

#5 ·
scooperman_uk said:
Wylie, I would be up for this and im sure other SCNM club members would too!

There was going to be a cornwall weekender this year but if fell through as the member running it went AWOL on here.

my thoughts for the time of year, would be when it warms up. early summer, no bank holidays as Cornwall tends to be grid locked on those weekends :(

Re accomodation: a location that has hotel and campsite for those that cant and can camp.

I have a preference for a family friendly campsite with a pub preferably onsite or near to the site :D , must be in the near vicinity of a cafe that serves clotted cream scones all day ;) if its near the beach then it would please the kids and i can do the MINI run bit...;)

making it a long weekend i.e. friday night until sunday afternoon.
Thanks for those points. the site i have in mind has both static caravans and camping facilities, it also boasts an indoor heated pool and is right next to the beach, also there is a good pub at the entrance and an american type diner..

#6 ·
wylie_eyed said:
Thanks for those points. the site i have in mind has both static caravans and camping facilities, it also boasts an indoor heated pool and is right next to the beach, also there is a good pub at the entrance and an american type diner..
Guess it ain't Par Beach then :( :D

Great News Wylie, the exiled Cornish clan (x3) are up for this :D :D :D

I guess the date proposed is far enough off for people to book time off work etc without too many problems.

What about a tour of the main pasty shops :p :D of Cornwall? & if you are going to Penzance, Lin says she is happy to pose for pics' next to her great uncles statue :p

#9 ·
wylie_eyed said:
Wrong............. Par sands it is :D :D
Ah must have influenced you with my memories of the place :D wonder if they still do the knickerbocker glorys in the cafe there, oh perhaphs not it was 28yr ago (++) :D

wylie_eyed said:
depends on the weather :p

wylie_eyed said:
p.s. Emz says she used to hang round with lin's sister.....
small world ain't it :rolleyes: will give her (Evette) a bell and get the gossip ;) :p........... Can keep quiet in exchange for some of you famous splits Emz :D

Can you tell Emz (if she don't read this :rolleyes: ) Evettes recently moved to Newquay.

So Par Sands - does this mean a photo shoot at the Eden project then? :cool: :D :D

#11 ·
shedend said:
small world ain't it :rolleyes: will give her (Evette) a bell and get the gossip ;) :p........... Can keep quiet in exchange for some of you famous splits Emz :D

Can you tell Emz (if she don't read this :rolleyes: ) Evettes recently moved to Newquay.
Oh I'm reading it! I have my beady little eye on every little remark you two make! ;)
Can't do the splits anymore, result of a nasty injury last time! :D ..............Oh sorry you mean the full fat version, I guess I may be able to provide some! :D

#18 ·
Hi Wylie :D

you know we all want to come - only problem is the date. There's a big 2 day run the weekend before which is going to tie me down a bit and May is always a very very busy month for me in Mini2 land. Then of course there's the round BG thing too - which I'm helping do the Shaftesbury to Wales stretch. Think June might be easier this year as I doubt we will be doing a big motorshow weekend because I cant see MINI doing the indoor show 2 years on the trot.

around June 9th would be cool (my birthday!). Will be bringing my 2 dogs down for this so will have to buy another tent - think my old one has had it. You still thinking of Hendra as the site?

Anyone else got any input?

Paul

#20 ·
I appreciate that may is quite busy for many and there will be a few who can't make it but with the following weekend being a bank holiday also run to the sun will be on you can imagine what the roads into cornwall will be like :confused: :( :mad:

Therefore I will stick with the 20th of May but would appreciate as much support for this event as poss, from the conversations i have had with a few people the formula that i have come up with seems to be quite appealing so it ought to be a whole lot of FUN :D

come on you know you all want to

#24 ·
Sorry, not wishing to put others off - but we are definitely attending :p Lins just told me shes booked it off from work already :rolleyes: :D Ah well she always says I never take her away anywhere :)

Agree with scoop re mandatory requirements - but am also partial to some cider :D

Caravan for me - don't do lying on the ground - well i do but at my age just cant get up again after :eek:

#26 ·
scooperman_uk said:
mandatory

clotted cream teas
real ale
pasties.

the rest is negotiable...

i think its important to set a date.

auto test sounds fun...
always loved treasure hunts.
Date is set for the 20th May.
Real ale, the pub at the end of the campsite does such delicacies :D
Pasties??? thats why it's called the oggy run :cool:
Clotted cream teas, i'm sure something could be arranged (Emz thats your dept) :p

shedend said:
Caravan for me - don't do lying on the ground - well i do but at my age just cant get up again after
age has nothing to do with it, it'll be the cider :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.