MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys considering adding a reduced pulley. Loads of threads on this but i cant find out how much it would cost to get it fitted. Not thinking of doing it just yet so dont want to mess people or companys around for fitting quotes. Just wondering how much you guys paid for fitting?

Also does the noise become more intense or is that the CAI i need aswell?

Cheers people :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Noise won't change... A CAI will make the SC whine more. Prob' looking at the thick end of £400 for supply and fit of a pulley...
I don't remember for sure, but I think mine got a bit louder with the GTT 210 kit which is basically a pulley plus a few other reliability parts. It makes sense that it would as the supercharger gets worked harder.

The CAI made a far bigger difference to the noise as you say though.

·
Obsessive Car Cleaner OCC
3,342 Posts
It will increase S/C noise slightly but the CAI will but most effective for noise.

I had mine fitted at Robertshaw Racing in Boldon Colliery.

Robertshaw Racing - Supporting Formula Renault - Renault Clio Cup - MINI Challenge

Theres a guy in there called steve who fitted mine, he has a MCS himself and a member on hear and he wont cost that much TBH, he charged me £250 for a 15% pulley 2% crank pulley and lowering springs. but thats not including parts of course.

There a Top garage, they have cars in the Clio Cup - MINI Challenge and the BTCC so there knowledge is sky high.

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the replys guys, mmm not sure now if the price is approaching £400 then its a bit more than i was expecting as the LSC1 is compartiveley not much more. Something to chew on though!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts