MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Father Christmas is bringing me a 20gig ipod- :D So I went to local dealer to find out about aux input and they didn't seem to know exactly how much it would be but said propabl about £160 or so. Does this seem about right?.
I've looked at threads showing how to install them easily yourself but they all seem t have steering wheels in funny places. Is it still easy to plug in aux to back of head unit on a r.h drive vehicle without removing the the unit ie from steering column size.
Any advice welcome.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Aux in just gives sound from your ipod
The icelink charges the ipod, gives sound, allows track control from your stereo or mfsw (available also with a cradle at no extra cost) £129.99, easy diy fit
Next week icelink plus is launched this adds playlist control from your stereo

·
Cooper S Love
57 Posts
Aux

Im in Same suituation. Getting iPod for Crimbo, and picking up my Aux kit this week so i can fit that myself. €60 for Kit.
Job Done!

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
still can't decided between ice ink or aux input or whether to attempt self install-I dont have any torx screwdrivers. I'm also want to do it as cheap as possible without damaging my baby....... :confused:

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
think i'm going to take the plunge and fit icelink- i object to giving the dealer so much money. They've had almost £40,000 of me over 2 years and the kids are starting to complain that they havn't got any clothes or food. I've got a single slot c-d and ordinary steering wheel- do i want icelink or icelink plus

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mikeythemini said:
iCELINK PLUS IS £99.99 inc vat, excellent Value for money
cant see it on your site.... but want to order it.......is this the price for privilege members :D

·
Baruch Yeshua
67 Posts
Can anyone explain more about his IceLink thing? This is the first time I have heard of it. From what I understand is that you can connect it to your radio in your MINI and then you can use the radio or MFSW controles to go through your songs on your IPOD.

Some questions I have:
Do you buy the IceLink as a kit?
Do you install it direclty to your radio or must you plug it into the aux input that MINI can install?
If you use this, what do you think of it?

Thank you,
Joshua

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got my icelinkplus in post today - good service thanks MIkey.....and privelege discount too more thanks.....
W ont be fitting untill boxing day as ipod is coming xmas day. Just reassure me that i've ordered a fittting tha will fit current ipod- i ordered a remote/firewire, should i have oredered an active cradle????

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
simeds said:
got my icelinkplus in post today - good service thanks MIkey.....and privelege discount too more thanks.....
W ont be fitting untill boxing day as ipod is coming xmas day. Just reassure me that i've ordered a fittting tha will fit current ipod- i ordered a remote/firewire, should i have oredered an active cradle????
The remote/firewire is for classic ipod as listed in the shop :(
The current ipods are 4g, photo ipod & mini ipod. The dock connector is the one that will fit all of these. Or you can order with cradle, 3/4g cradle for 4g ipod & photo ipod, mini ipod cradle for mini ipod.
Send it back & I will swap it for you. If you can get it in special today, I will get it tommorow & will get the one you want to you for xmas
Or If you call me 01704878528 I can send which ever one you want out today
then refund you when you send the unwanted part back
It is just the white cable bit I want back, the black board & cables are the same
Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts