MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Its not small its Mini
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Any one had stripes fitted to an unstriped car? The mini web sites says £40 + 1 hour labour (farce!) how much is that in total, or is it easy enough to fit myself?

Ta

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
chances are your dealer service dept will just get the local graphics shop to do it anyway & charge you BMW labour rates

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I had custom viper stripes made up at a local graphics company for over the boot, roof and bonnet. Cost me £95 for everything fitting and all.

I suggest you go to a local graphics shop it will be much cheaper. I thought that BMW viper stripes were cheap at £99 but thats just for the stripes not including fitting. So I got quoted £235 to have the stripes done at the dealers. I thought I'll just go to a graphics company myself!! And I did so when I get my add on spoiler I can go back and get the stripes added over them! Really good company!

·
Mr 120d Sport
4,610 Posts
I had bonnet stripes and a two-tone silver UJ added to my car a few months back. The guy my dealer uses to fit the OEM kits did it.....£120 all in for supply and fit. He charges £20 to supply and fit stripes........oh and it takes him 20mins to fit them.

Robert

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Chris I used a company called Top Notch Graphics based in Gosport near Portsmouth. When I used them it was one chap's business whos been doing it for years but started up his own company. He said my mini was the first mini he has worked on but he did such a good job! The finishing around the edges are just brilliant compared to others I've seen.

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
My official vipers cost the ridiculous sum of £240,i only went with the official ones cos i'd been reading about MINI getting a bit funny about aftermarket ones.All the dealers i think now get graphic companies to do them.Although mine are official, the authenticity mark isn't on them.I think the guy must have used the bit left over from where my sunroof is instead of the bit with the authenticity mark on.I'd go aftermarket in future,cos the bloke that had two attempts at mine and should really have another go was 'rubbash',having said that he is sub contracted to do them , i suppose at least i wouldn't be paying £240 for the privillige of having them done 'officially'

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
I've just posted another thread elsewehre on this forum looking for someone to fit some racing stripes that i bought from cooperflags. I'd found a company in Portsmouth who said they'd fit them but that was before they reaised that it involved cutting round (or fitting under) the mini badge.

My car is now parked outside with still no stripes and i'm depressed!!!

Laura - do you think this company you mentioned might be worth trying to get to do my stripes??? If so i'll give them a call in the morning!! I'm desperate to be stripey!!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Sorry only just read this! Feverdiva, definately! Hes a really good sign fitter! He went round my vents and the water jets perfectly! Didn't have to deal with the badge but give them a call. I spoke to Nigel, It was just him when I used his company but maybe hes hired more people. Top Notch Graphics is based in Gosport and has his own premise. I contacted im throu email. I work in Gosport so I see him around alot in his van! He still remembers his handy work!

Tell him your were recommended by me!! Trying to get my sister to use him too with her yellow mini one!

Looking forward to seeing your purple princess on Hobzy's run.

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Thanks Laura - I did get the urge to go see Top Notch yesterday afternoon (couldn't concentrate on work lol).... Nigel was VERY helpful and took a good look at car and was happy to deal with the Mini badges etc. He's going to get back to me with a date for fitting - so... hopefully the stripes will now be on the car in a couple of weeks time - can't wait!!

Of course the next panic will be - do I like them LOL

Oh by the way I did mention you - and told him that it was because of the good work I did on your car that I'd come to him - and that piccies of your car were now up on the internet as good publicity for him!! He asked for the details of the forum so he might be looking - if so - hi Nigel!!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Very cool! Hello Nigel if you are viewing this! Keep up the good work! I hope it goes smoothly fever!

I got the stripes done back in March for a birthday present for me! Glad he remembers me!

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
I got mine fitted at the dealer - and they stuffed up in my favour! They cost $66 Aussie dollars each plus fitting, but they were fitting them for free for me while I had other niggles fixed, but they stuffed up and only charged for one :) I was rapt!

·
Its not small its Mini
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought and fitted for £12!

Bought some stripes off ebay fitted by myself. Cant tell the difference between mine and the mini some other guy in the office owns. Result!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the bonnet stripes?

Are they dead straight or do they have a slight curver to them?

·
Its not small its Mini
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not Really, they are dead straight before you put them on. They only go curvey when you stick them to the curvey bonnet :)

Thats why they are bit tricky to fit as the bend in the body cause bubbles under the stripes which takes work to push out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts