MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Sounds like a plan. ;)

Where we going, who does or doesn't want to help out this time around?

I think we need to change the date slightly, last years date seemed better, mostly due to no clashes with other Mini/MINI events, but also it was nice as it followed a four day week after the bank holiday.

Location? Do we need to move somewhere different to give it a kick in the pants?

Theme? It needs one really, but what? New bond film is out so that could be re-done, but it would be good if we could come up with something else moderately appropriate.

We also need a charidy.

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually - just wondering. Who is happy to carry on the great work they're doing and help with organising M2CB09?

I think at the outset we should have photo's of the Ball 'committee' on the opening page to help people relate to us. We were going to do this for this years Ball but I think we forgot. :eek:

·
Beginning a new era
12,809 Posts
Yes I'm willing :p

Please avoid the end of May as it's Rakey's wedding ;) and it would be good to change location but should we gauge how everyone feels... by that I mean the regular attenders & sponsors :)

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
I think we should he beading to the North. Woodmans have already expressed an interest in being more involved and with their marketing skills we'll have a sell out and top class event I'm sure ;) Preston have a Marriott we can use contacts for if needed ;)

And I'm on board Sham ;)

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll wait for a few more replies - Rakey, Jackie, Andy etc.

Then I'll put up a longer post with some waffle :p

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I'll wait for a few more replies - Rakey, Jackie, Andy etc.

Then I'll put up a longer post with some waffle :p
Not really that sure if I did anything to help that much this year apart from turn up and help sell a few things with Bob.

But if thats what you want again then I'll happily do that as long as I'm not snowed under with the wedding, so its all date dependent.

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jackieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...............Andyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....where are you? :p

Excellent stuff folks.

Just to let you know - on the basis that there was going to be one or two people that may not have been interested in joining in again and that having an extra person with a level head and good ideas would be a positive thing we will have a new organiser joining our midst in the form of Karl (KP Kalle).

I just need to add him on somehow. :confused:

Also I met with Woodman's today. Spoke with Alison and Michelle in their marketing department for about an hour or so. As predicted they are very keen to get involved in a much bigger way and are ready to throw their considerable experience into next years event.

I will post more later as I'm going to meet the events manager from the Marriott at Preston tomorrow to look at the place and also discuss dates. I have provisionally booked the two following dates with them - others are to be avoided due to Rakey's wedding which we will all be be busy dolling up for :eek::D. I know I def can't make the mid-May one either.

So we have:

May 9th
May 23rd.

My preference is May 9th - it's after the May Day BH and before London to Brighton. We need to choose a charity to support. Bob suggested we maybe do two charities next year, one a local one which Woodman's can nominate, and also a national one as normal.

I vote NSPCC. I have worked with them previously and know they have a very slick marketing team who will pull out the stops. If they are anywhere near as good as when i worked with them about 12 years ago then they will also have access to some fabulous prizes too.

Please respond and if you have any suggestions please post. BTW - the reason I've suggested the NSPCC is

a/ children's charity. I know we've just done a children's charity but I'd still be happy to do another one.
b/ extremely well run and well known from a marketing point of view. Something which will help us raise the profile of the event and MINI2.
c/ they will have access to some great auction/raffle prizes.

BTW - Are we ok with either of those dates?

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot - a theme too. Given it's going to be near the West Coast (just not the Californian West Coast :p) how about a nautical/beach theme?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
9th is good for me :)

Theme - anything NOT tacky !!! It needs class and style ;)
Agree, if there has to be a theme then it should be classy, but to be honest does a theme really add to the appeal of attending, does the investment/cost increase ticket sales? Is it that obvious that there is a theme seeing as we are all dressed in black tie, I could understand it more if we had fancy dress attached to it;)

Why not tie it into the mini being 50 next year? That to me is the obvious theme, be it 50's or something else to do with the year of launch.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
50s could be really nice. Classy too, elegant, you know the sort of 'style icon' imagery the 50s can bring to mind.

The Bond theme worked a treat, got people interested and imaginations going. Not sure the Italian Job was as good because there's not such iconic imagery associated with it, or so many films to chose from.

:)

1 - 20 of 116 Posts