MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was completed on Oct. 11 and now is "At the port awaiting a shipping vessel." I looked at the WW site and it looks like the next ship going to the port in California leaves on Oct. 18, the Titus. However, when I go to the WW site and enter my cargo ID (VIN) is says there is no info. Is this normal, or am a waiting for the NEXT BOAT THAT LEAVES ON OCT. 29.... I really better not be. Perhaps someone that is a little more experienced can help me out here. My VIN is WMWRC33415TC57902. I sure hope I am on the Titus not the Mignon, which leaves on Oct. 29. Someone help me! :eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think both our cars are waiting there together. I looked at the schedule for the Titus,and it appears it's coming *into* port on the 18th of October, and leaving that same day. So I'd guess that until the ship actually arrives, the WW site won't post the cars to any particular ship, just in case.

I'm planning on revisiting the WW site on Oct 19th and hopefully it'll be updated with my info then. It's no rush though - that ship has got a *long* trip before it ends up in California on the 11th of November! :)

·
94 Posts
My car, also heading to the West Coast, has been aboard the Nada V currently en route to California for the last two weeks, and the WW site still shows no tracking information. I'm not quite sure how their tracking works, but not very well is one answer. A couple of days after the ship sailed my MA let me know it was on it's way, a couple of days after that Ask Mini had the information, and about a full week after my car had been on the ship the Owners Lounge updated to show the proper status with an estimated delivery date. So, unfortunately, you just have to cross your fingers and wait. Best of luck and I hope your car makes it on the next boat and has smooth sailing.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Bet you all can't wait!

Bit different to over here! ;) The furthest our cars go is up the M1 & M18 to Thorne in Doncaster before they then go on to their respective dealers. :)

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
afromanbob said:
It was completed on Oct. 11 and now is "At the port awaiting a shipping vessel." ... My VIN is WMWRC33415TC57902. I sure hope I am on the Titus not the Mignon, which leaves on Oct. 29. Someone help me! :eek:
Ok, this is weird. Our Cooper's VIN is ...58201, but production started on Friday the 15th. It's hard to believe they only made 299 cars between afromanbob's and ours...
Do they make them in batches of different sorts? Coopers today, S convertibles tomorrow? One of those things...

-Eric

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
afromanbob said:
No, the last digits, I beleive, only correspond to the options and such on the car.
I was wondering that, but the secret magic MINI2 VIN decoder says "production sequence", and if they were all option-specific, there wouldn't be any room for duplication, so some of them would need to be sequential. And the RC33 narrows it down to US-spec Cooper hardtop.
Other cars I've owned have always had the option-specific stuff earlier in the VIN, with the last numbers always sequential, but I've never owned a BMW product.

We could figure some of it out, though... Our MINI is pretty simply configured: PW/B with premium pack, sport pack, anthracite interior with space grey cloth, and chrono pack. How do your options add up?

-Eric

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't think we'll be tracking any ships.

I think we're just going to have to wait for our cars with no ship tracking, afromanbob. I called ASK-MINI and the person I talked to said she won't have access to any further shipping info, just that it got loaded onto a carrier on Oct 14th.

It's too bad, I was kind of looking forward to watching a boat cross the Atlantic and the Panama Canal for these 3 weeks. :(

Ah well, I suppose maybe this is a clue that I ought to focus on other things in my life! Like what kind of fun roads there are around the LA area! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, looks like you guys are on the ship just behind mine. Mine was put on a ship around Sept 30, but the WW site still does not say what ship it is on, or any info on it at all. Hmm. Hopefully none of the ships will sink! (j/k)

·
Registered
11 Posts
alcibiades said:
My car, also heading to the West Coast, has been aboard the Nada V currently en route to California for the last two weeks, and the WW site still shows no tracking information.
Hi -- I passionately hope that you are simply a week or so ahead of my California-bound Mini. For the past two weeks (since it arrived at the port), it, too, has failed to appear on the WW site (and ASK-Mini knows nothing; the OL knows nothing, my dealer knows nothing). Is it too much to hope that perhaps it is on the Titus (departed today) or an earlier ship, but the info hasn't made its way to anyone at Mini, yet? At this point, it seems to be my only hope...

My question to you is this: was there an actual lag (of days or weeks) between your car's shipping date and the date when anyone (ASK-Mini, OL, WW, or your dealer) received that info?? Everyone keeps telling me that, as soon as it is booked for passage, they will know. Which leads me to the unfortunate conclusion that my car is not on the Titus and so could only be on the MIgnon (departing 10/29), which would mean that my Mini will spend three and a half weeks sitting on the docks (groan). :confused: :confused: :confused:

How can that possibly be, when my dealer assured me I would have the car by the end of October??!!

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whew.... maybe you're right plantain.... Okay, I must stop my MINI obsession for 3 weeks.... concentrate harder on my studies....

...oh this is going to be tough....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.