MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, a month or so ago my 2011 countryman diesel started to loose power at low rpm and wouldn't rev then all of a sudden the turbo would kick in and it would go.
Yesterday big plooms of white smoke came out the back which gets worse under hard acceleration, this time though no loss of power? We were about 5 mile from home so limped back but after 2 miles or so the smoke went.
I checked the oil and it was bone dry when we got back, no warning lights came on (not even the oil).
Filled it with oil and seams to be fine now but still looses power, any ideas what this could be?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi all, a month or so ago my 2011 countryman diesel started to loose power at low rpm and wouldn't rev then all of a sudden the turbo would kick in and it would go.
Yesterday big plooms of white smoke came out the back which gets worse under hard acceleration, this time though no loss of power? We were about 5 mile from home so limped back but after 2 miles or so the smoke went.
I checked the oil and it was bone dry when we got back, no warning lights came on (not even the oil).
Filled it with oil and seams to be fine now but still looses power, any ideas what this could be?
all the signs of turbo failure WOULD NOT RUN IT AGAIN GET IT CHECKED IT COULD RUN ON OWN OIL AND DESTROY ITS SELF,, its called diesel runaway its where the engine runs on its own engine oil and will not shut off until all oil has been burnt and engine has run dry causing massive damages new engine,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts