MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be gentle folks...

Just took delivery (UK) of a PHEV. Its a lease/company car and I specifically requested front fog lamps. The car appears to have been delivered with the LED Daytime run lights, and from a few youtube videos these appear to have a fog light function (unless there are 2 identical units one with and one without the fog function).

However there is no front fog light button on the dash - just a dummy button below the rear fog light button.

The daytime run lights work (led ring around the central lens), but I cant find any way to get fog lights to come on.

Before I go back to the lease company/supplying dealer is there anything obvious I have missed ?

Thanks

·
Mini noob
120 Posts
The front fog lights should be in the bumper, in the same spot as the regular stationary parking lights in the front bumper, under the main headlights. The bottom laf is the fog lights optics, upper one is the stationary night lights,

·
Registered
457 Posts
I’ve just checked my 2019MY PHEV and as Ro Explorer states, top half of the lower lights is parking lights, bottom half is very bright LED fog light in the same unit. There is also a push/push switch to the left of the main lights rotary switch inside the cabin so it sounds like your car has been delivered without the fog light switch. One thing I have found with my foglights in the Mini is that if I press the fog light button on the dash with only DRL’s on then the main headlights come on in dipped function as well, previous cars I have owned you couldn’t switch on the front fogs without the main headlights switched on.

off topic a bit - used my heated seats for the first time a couple of days ago - I though my Range Rover’s seats heated up quickly and were bum roasting on even the lowest setting but they are beaten hands down by the Mini’s high speed bum roasters!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree, the mini heated seats are very quick to warm up and are much quicker than our Lexus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts