MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone find a outside cover for their convertible yet? Either non-offical or directly from Mini?

Howard

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm

I checked but all it list is the non-covertible ones and for 2005 they don't list an accessories at all except for sunglasses. :)

Howard

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
The "Zipper" cover covers the Convertible just fine...my Cabrio was under one when we went to take delivery.

Peter..in Denver

·
Registered
43 Posts
California Car Covers

Mine just arrived today.

I bought it from California Car Covers www.calcarcover.com

Prices are reasonable and quality on the storm-weave design is superb. I live in South Florida and my previous cover endured four years of intense humidity, heat, tropical storms and even hurricane Andrew at the time.

Best Regards,
:dsblack:

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
howardpm said:
You have the antenna removed though?
Yes..the antenna was removed.

I worry about covers...if there' the slightest bit of grit on the finish couldn't the cover cause a scratch?

I'd like to find a cover that fits just the top...to protect the cloth top from fading etc.

Peter...in Denver

·
MINI2 New-ish
29 Posts
I just picked up my new MCC today! (WoooHooo) The dealer had it under the 'zipper' inside cover with the antennae poking through the top. I also bought the outside cover for $175 USD but haven't taken a look at it yet.

I also was browsing www.covercraft.com a few days ago and they have a new interface that indeed lists the 2005 MINI convertibles for their covers.

They are all listed as:
"C16729xx Custom Fit; Car Cover; 2 Mirror Pockets; w/Antenna Pocket; Size G1; xxxxxxx"

with the xx and the xx changin with the type of cover. Here's the full list:

C16729FT Block-It® 350F; Taupe;
C16729TS Dustop™; Taupe;
C16729BK Evolution®; Blue;
C16729GK Evolution®; Gray;
C16729TK Evolution®; Tan;
C16729SG Multibond®; Gray;
C16729NH Noah®; Gray;
C16729PD Polycotton; Gray;
C16729D5 Sunbrella®; Black;
C16729D4 Sunbrella®; Gray;
C16729D1 Sunbrella®; Pacific Blue;
C16729D2 Sunbrella®; Sky Blue;
C16729D6 Sunbrella®; Toast;
C16729TF Tan; Flannel;
C16729HG WeatherShield® HD; Gray;
C16729WX WeatherShield® Multi-Color; Need Colors;
C16729WB WeatherShield®; Black;
C16729WD WeatherShield®; Bright Blue;
C16729WG WeatherShield®; Gray;
C16729WN WeatherShield®; Green;
C16729WR WeatherShield®; Red;
C16729WL WeatherShield®; Sky Blue;
C16729WT WeatherShield®; Taupe;
C16729WY WeatherShield®; Yellow;

I liked the C16729BK Evolution®; Blue and C16729WL WeatherShield®; Sky Blue the best but my dealer gave me a %10 discount on the MINI branded one so I bought it.

JR

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am in love with the zipper cover - why does it have to be an indoor cover, how boring is that.

However - £200 in the UK, $230 in the US.... ?????

http://accessories.mini.com/internet/servlet/productDetails.do;jsessionid=BuNeSo2ghCaVcDXCDFVHUmzMYB8VnZt2Kxyf2wb8xdIS1Z22Hi4e!-1147364672?productId=8124&pageNo=1&language=en&nscId=100&localePath=/UK/en

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
too cool blue! said:
These guys have the top cover but don't have any plans to do a cab top....yet. I'm wondering if a tailor will move the antenna sleeve to the front or if going to the short antenna would work

http://www.mossmini.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=39373.
Anybody know if this cover would protect it from the fabulous winter elements nightly? i hate to leave my new MCC outside in the winter, especially after hearing the convertible top leaking nightmares, but i dont have much of a choice and I know i'll get lazy if i have to put a whole car cover on every night.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine was stuck at the dealer waiting for a replacement Windshield So they put the Zipper cover over it. Just unscrewed the antenna and it fit perfectly.

Speaking of which, we own 2 Minis and due to our employment, they can be stuck at work outside. Does anyone have any experience with Car Covers preventing HAIL damage?:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I guess the answer to scratches and a car cover is to be careful. But maybe just keep the cover washed, dried and folded properly to keep outside debris from getting on when cleaning and not in use. Left in a dry clean enviroment the best available. Placed on by two or even 3 or 4 folks.
I have a barn and and a shed only and no chance of a garage and my neighbor has '#$%&^S& kitty cats'and they scare me more than anything. A car cover might be a good idea for me when I get my MINI. I know like everyone else self raught scratches are awfull lessons.
Help us car cover users!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got the hardtop cab cover today and it wasn’t quite right....but I did locate the manufacturer. They just started making a better fitting ragtop cab cover...and you have your pick of different fabrics for protection. I'll keep you all updated.

Tom

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
thanks tom!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts